• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  Event 1 Task 2
    The first event ends, and though I have not scored well, at least I have told the truth and earned some points at all.

When the Goddess Nike announces our next task, a shiver runs through me. Before us lies a tree, and guarding it, a serpent with eyes that I feel I almost know. The others shift beside me, looking at one another as if wondering who will go first: but my eyes are not on them.

That serpent represents the darkness that I am so afraid of. But now more than ever I must not let it conquer me.

Striking forward from the group, my legs propel me into a gallop, my Arabian tail streaming behind me as the distance between myself and the tree grows less. The snake, its tongue shuddering from between its death-heralding lips, slithers on the ground, coiling and widening its face, gleeful that its first prize has presented itself.

But I am not a prize to be won.

When only a foot lies between the snake and I, I leap over top it, kicking out with my hind legs to dissuade the vile creature from lashing out at me. I land with a <i>thud</i> on the other side, and the snake - far more agile than I - is already closing the distance I have put between it and myself. Shrieking in fear but also exhilaration, I start away from the tree, reaching up just in time to snag a golden apple off of its heavenly branches.

Well, this certainly is another way to the tell the story of the Garden of Eden, now isn't it?

A chill runs through my spine as I wheel around and am cantering back to the Goddess with her prize as a sudden realization comes over me: the snake had lashed out at me as I had grabbed the apple, and the only reason it had not landed its bite in my flesh was because I had begun to run: at the last moment, its venomous fangs had struck me hind right hoof.

Shuddering, I lay the apple before the Goddess, hoping I have done my team proud with my courage.

--

word count 363

answer: destriers.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Event 1 Task 2 - by The Goddess Nike - 03-07-2018, 02:00 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 2 - by Mosrael - 03-07-2018, 02:16 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 2 - by Kagerus - 03-07-2018, 02:16 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 2 - by Madelyn - 03-07-2018, 02:17 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 2 - by Wishbone - 03-07-2018, 02:19 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 2 - by Khaedrik - 03-07-2018, 02:27 PM