• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not all Good Things are Bad; Kagerus, any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Where Ilma's memories cause her to grin and blush, mine bring only confusion and turmoil. A part of me loved what Rapt and I shared that night in the dream (lost in each other's embrace, minds sacrificed to the way our skin caught fire when brushed together), and yet no love could ever change what has now been bestowed upon me.

The child. Not yet wide enough to swell my barrel - but soon. Too soon. And with every day closer to birth, the fear inside of me rises. I don't want to die. I don't want for my brother to hate me because of it. I don't want my child to grow up without a mother --

-- I shudder (though not because of the cold). I need to get my mind off this - with the Beqanna games started, and the Alliance too, I am well in need of some relaxation. I won't have much time to do so for a while... And if I am to die because of this child, then I deserve to at least enjoy the months it gives me until that time.

I am wandering past an outcrop of mountains, the river falling some ways to my right, when a crystal call wafts to my ears. Ears and head perking in the noise's direction, I hesitate for a moment before kicking myself forward: I just said that I needed a distraction, and this is it. Hopefully I will be able to contain myself this time, unlike when I met with Solace - I am still embarrassed by how emotionally I acted then.

Putting on a brave face and a smile, I whinny back to the figure who I now place as Ilma, her wings squeezed around a belly that I can't quite identify as pregnant yet. Fresh snow crunches beneath my hooves as I walk, and before long, our misty breath is mixing as I reach out to nuzzle her soft nose. We are kingdom-mates now, but more than that: friends, too.

"Hello Ilma," I say with a pleasant tone, determined to keep my secrets secret... Even though this woman knows my deepest fear. "I'm glad to see you still around Hyaline. How have you been?"
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Ilma]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not all Good Things are Bad; Kagerus, any - by Kagerus - 03-08-2018, 02:37 AM