• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

"Don't judge Banana until you've tasted what's inside the peel, Dirtman." We're both talking as if this conversation is the most serious we've ever had, and although usually it would be for me, it's this exchange that destroys my fortifications. A huge grin splits my lips, and I'm chuckling beneath his wing, feeling my belly grow hungry as warmth flows into my skinny muscles. When he mentions fattening me up, said stomach grows in agreement, and I blush sheepishly. Of course it would choose now for such an interruption.

"I make no promises, Var. Sturdiness doesn't run in my genes."

He suggests finding a home together then, and a part of me cringes. Shouldn't it be my own father, the alive and well one, helping me to find a home and grow into myself? But I know Trekk, better than he might know, and a split second later I have decided that I will accompany my black stallion. Trekk is a nomad and always will be, along with Noori: the two are too in love to settle anywhere long, never mind to focus on a child long enough to see him through to adulthood.

Shrugging off his weighty black appendage (however reluctantly), I toss him a purple-eyed look. "Well, if you insist. Follow me. I'm taking us to the field - it's where people try to convince us to come to their homes." Hoping that that leaves him with many questions, I unfurl my golden wings and leap into the air, grinning. Something about our interaction has left me exhilarated, and I cherish the feeling; too often I am without emotion.

The distance between meadow and field is close to none, and before long, I am landing in the green grass, not looking to see if Var follows, or if he even had in the first place. But when I hear the thud of his hooves next to mine, and watch his massive wings furl into his muscular side, something inside of me is happy to know that he did follow. That he wants to.

"Well, settle it. It won't be long." I lower my head idly... and begin to devour the grass before me.

Two flights on an empty stomach makes even the most stubborn hungry.

@[Andulvar]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar - by Trekori - 03-08-2018, 02:58 AM