• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    For a brief time as Brennen’s words hang in the air between them, a tangible thing because it is no small thing he proposes to them, he is worried that they will not be interested; indeed, that no one is interested. But the doubt is fleeting, because this is not some whim he has happened upon, but a fire that has been smouldering inside of Brennen for almost a decade, that has finally become an inferno. Still, the interest that blooms on their faces is still gratifying and reassuring. He also approves of their carefulness, because he would not want completely foolish men beside him as he builds the brotherhood, but their ability to temper interest with caution is a good trait.

“There are few in Ischia to object,” he says, “The current Queen, her lover and their two foals. A quiet girl we inherited from a previous monarch, though we see her very little. A man named Hod if he can’t be convinced to join us, though I haven’t seen him around recently either.” Those are all the horses Brennen has seen in many moons. As he said, Ischia has been quiet. “Klaudius is the only one I see as a threat – he is the Queen’s champion as well as her lover, and a reasonably skilled fighter – if it comes to violence, I believe that he will take her place in any challenge I issue. But I am hoping it won’t come to that anyway - I am planning to quietly recruit men such as yourselves who are interested in the Brotherhood, and bring them to Ischia. If there are enough of us, we may be able to simply vote Krone off of her throne with no opposition.”

Brennen does not smile here, because it is not with joy that he chooses to oust the woman, for he does not despise her in any way. He simply also does not respect her, for she has done little to nothing for Ischia, and she is in the way of his Brotherhood which could be great again in the Island Kingdom. “If it comes down to violence, I plan to challenge Krone myself rather than force everyone into battle. And we will not stand alone – there is another Kingdom, the current home of the former Amazons, ready to stand behind us, and become our Allies once we have succeeded. For now, I am recruiting – quietly, because I do not want to approach anyone who will betray our cause – to bring as many Brothers into the Kingdom before we act as possible.”

He waits a moment for their thoughts, and adds: “I am open to other suggestions as well, now or later. I have a long history in the Brotherhood and as a leader in many armies, but this will be a new facet of leadership for me as well.” Brennen knows what kind of King he wants to be, because he has seen plenty of good and bad examples. And the kind of King he wants to be gathers Brothers to stand beside him, not just lackeys to serve him. “I will be honored to show you Ischia.” He agrees after Trekori speaks, and readies himself to do just that if they have no other pressing questions.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Trekori] @[Andulvar] I will get a post up for them in Ischia as well but I wanted to give Brennen a chance to talk to them a little bit about the plan in case they aren't alone in Ischia <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar - by Brennen - 03-16-2018, 09:29 PM