• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Her transition from the Jungle to the Cliffs had been easier than Nayl's; one is grateful for life in general after being brought back from the dead. The fact that any morsel of her past self, life, and family remained happened to be but a happy accident. One that she now chose to embrace and to support with her every fiber - but when had Scorch not dived into things head first? The Amazons, Queenship, starting an empire (something she failed at, but that Nayl succeeded in), her family for god's sake. Suffice to say, she didn't do things half-assedly.

But... Had she been around for the Reckoning, like the mare that stood before her now, her disposition on the whole thing would have been entirely different.

Nayl stood for a moment before turning to face Scorch, and during that time they both lost themselves to the memories - for at the mare's words, Scorch's mind went back decades, to memories that hadn't felt so fresh in years. The sound of Echion's voice, and of Myrina's - a lifetime of family and of servitude, wrapped pristine in the voice of her faux-niece. The nostalgia did little to unravel the knot in her stomach.

But the sickness dwindles when at last her companion turns to face her, a serenely chaotic grin on her lips. Gods it felt good to see such emotion in someone else, to see that life and vitality - Scorch couldn't help but mirror the expression in her own way, cracked lips pulling into a grin of familiarity and pride. That they stood here now was a testament to their kingdom of old, and they both recognized that fiercely.

"It's good to be back, dear niece." Her words pressed against Nayl's smoky mane as the two embrace, the camaraderie of a lifetime far from forgotten between them. She held the women in a tight grasp, reaffirming that this wouldn't be the last they saw of one another; but she let go easily at the other's step back, and their eyes met.

"In truth, I have only been here for perhaps two years; since the day Hestia took the throne from Isobell. I don't know much of that one's reign, but Hestia has done well for us. An Amazon of old, though she was before your time." Her mind's eye flickered to the black hag during the time of her teenagehood, a mare sent to spy in other kingdoms for the sake of the Jungle. "But any other news will be covered in the kingdom meeting Hestia is calling sometime this week."

Her ember-eyes flashed like sparks from a fire, her lips (which had fallen into an easy line during her drawl) twitch up into a knowing smile. "What I am more curious to know about is your own time as queen - it would seem that Echion's bloodline has a thing for raising empires. I tried my hand at it, but no luck... You, though." A chuckle rippled from the mare's broad, hairless chest, reverberating in the air between them. "Well, I'd love to hear about it right from the horse's mouth, as it were."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Nayl]
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Nayl - 03-08-2018, 10:21 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Scorch - 03-08-2018, 07:30 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 03-29-2018, 08:43 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Scorch - 04-02-2018, 06:18 PM