• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  Event 1 Task 3
    She is still recovering from the race away from the snake as they gather again, for the third and final task, as night begins to come upon them. Even so, she can marvel at the beauty of Nike as she is lit by warm hues from the sky, and there is conversation in barely more than whispers around her until the Goddess extends a wing and silence falls again, everything going hushed as she speaks. She is expecting something big for the final of the first event, her event, but still Mosrael’s heart jumps and her breath catches when her mirror appears in front of her.

Mosrael’s mirror is not one who is particularly stunning – it is not exceedingly evil, nor exceedingly fearful, she just <i>is</i>, standing quietly with half-dead eyes. And for a long time, they simply look at each other. <b>”Do you know, what comes after?”</b> the real Mosrael finally asks, because standing in silence is not helping to accomplish her task. Nike has instructed them to vanquish their fears, so vanquish she must. But the phantom only shakes its head, and there is another pause. Anger wells up in her and she wants to last out but that is not courage either – that is lashing out at herself for being afraid of the unknown.

And why would she last out at herself?

Mosrael takes a deep breath and sternly addresses the phantom; <b>”I will not be afraid of you any longer. I cannot change what happens after death, and thus I shall not be afraid of it.”</b> And the truth is in her heart, and the phantom is gone.

The Marwari horse is the answer to the riddle.

Messages In This Thread
    Event 1 Task 3 - by The Goddess Nike - 03-08-2018, 12:28 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Khaedrik - 03-08-2018, 12:48 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Kuma - 03-08-2018, 12:52 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Madelyn - 03-08-2018, 12:55 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Mosrael - 03-08-2018, 01:03 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Eros - 03-08-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Nayl - 03-08-2018, 01:54 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Kagerus - 03-08-2018, 03:27 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Valensia - 03-08-2018, 03:35 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Sarkis - 03-08-2018, 11:35 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Wishbone - 03-09-2018, 12:41 PM