• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Kylin/Any!
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    She may not think her smile is beautiful, but I do. I see the beauty in a broken thing reforming, in the tears of a young woman seeping down to her trembling lips, and in the way her voice turns up with hope and wonder. Kylin may not think she is as beautiful as her mother, but to me, she is more beautiful that anything I have seen.

It's the mother in me - and remembering that makes me cringe. But her eyes are down-turned when I make the expression, and so my heartbreak goes unnoticed - for now. And it's good, because right now, Kylin is the one who needs attention. Not me.

I leave my nose resting on hers, feeling the way she presses into me. I don't mind the close proximity, especially since she needs it so desperately. Kavi had always been physical with my as I had been growing up, and I guess I never really grew out of that cuddly phase; but I am careful not to impose such touch on those who do not want it.

Her trembling voice reaches my ears then, and I smile, the movement pressed against her skin. Carefully, I pivot my hind legs until we are shoulder to shoulder and hip to hip, and then I carefully remove my nose from hers. Her poor lavender body is trembling, so I press myself to it more firmly, hoping to recenter the clearly off-kilter girl.

Hyaline will be good for her. We exist for people like her.

"Of course you can, Ky, I'll take you there now. Like I said, you can trust me!"

I lend her my biggest, most cheerful smile, hoping the boisterous expression will help her to be more confident as we make the relatively short journey to the mountains. I start at a slow pace, and when it is clear that the mare can easily keep up despite her petite frame (we are built to withstand quite a lot, after all), I pick up the pace some, but keep it easy. Just enough to get our blood flowing, and our senses more attuned to nature. It seems like this girl could use it.

There is snow drifting down to melt on our backs by the time we reach Hyaline. I glance worriedly to Ky's thin coat, but I remind myself that there are plenty of caves and forests to seek shelter in when she gets too cold. Plus, I'll be there to hold her, and to warm her, whenever she needs.

We pass over the scent line, and I toss her another lively smile, hoping the change of scenery and weather has sparked some life in the traumatized figure.

"This is it, Ky. Welcome back to Hyaline." I reach forward and nudge her nose, nutmeg eyes glimmering. "I hope it's as beautiful as you remember."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Kylin]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Kylin/Any! - by Kagerus - 03-09-2018, 11:39 PM