• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The things we lose come back to us in the end. [Anyone/Brennen]

breckin.

This is the story of a girl…

There was little choice I had in the matter.  Winter’s storm had left little deviation from waiting out her frigid wrath.  A shiver coalesces down my spine; the ends of ebon and white strands standing brusquely erect as salt infused air assaults widened nares.  Hooves planted firmly at the water’s edge, I wait out the timing of low tide.  Ischia appeared to be the closest of my two destinations.  From Brennen’s description I am almost eager to explore a warmer climate.  The promise of oncoming spring lingers in the air with the right shift , but it is not enough to satiate my appetite to escape the cold.  If only for a temporary while.

At long last the water begins to recede enough for me to follow the shallow line of a sand bridge towards my just visible destination.  My strides are even but unhurried as I make my approach.

By the time my treds fall onto the larger land mass, the sun has begun its descent behind the horizon.  I am holding my head a little higher now.  Whether it’s the slightly warmer wind that gently brushes my side, or the anxious anticipation of meeting another stranger, I am not sure.

A quick scan of the beach around me and I am contented to realize that for the moment that no one is in the immediate vicinity.   Slowly I allow the coiled tension in my muscles to relax; gravity minutely pulling my craned neck lower to sand.   I suppose was not sure what I would find waiting for me on the other side of the water.

I try to make a conscious effort to deeply inhale and exhale, but my eyes come to rest on something particularly interesting.  The object is white and round in shape and there appears to be a faint star made of holes along the top.  It almost resembles a shell, but I am not convinced that is what it is at all.  Another quick glance around me for the presence of others.  When none are detected, I take a hesitant step towards it, unsure if the thing is alive.  There is no quick response from the thing and it remains still.  Bravery is not a characteristic I would describe myself as having.  So I am surprised to feel myself take another step, even going so far as to let my whiskered muzzle gently brush against the surface of the strange white disk…

who cried a river…

and drowned the whole…

…world. 

[mare+knabstrup+black leopard+4 years+avion.]

OOC: Hopefully my HTML doesn't go all wonky again.  Please let me know if it does. :]

Messages In This Thread
    The things we lose come back to us in the end. [Anyone/Brennen] - by Breckin - 03-10-2018, 11:03 AM