• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Music of the Night|| {Anyone}
    Hephaestus
     The night seemed to grow suddenly colder as Hephaestus’ words faded into a thick silence between them. He sensed, almost immediately, that his response did not bode well with the lavender stallion, as he had predicted. He watched as the stud set his jaw and his eyes grew suddenly malicious. It was not hard to imagine the words that were tumbling on the edge of his tongue, begging to be set loose and Hephaestus readied himself for the threats that were inevitable. As the guardian’s frustration glowed brighter, another figure emerged out of the shadows.

Perfect.

The bay was smaller than his companion as he drew up beside them, creating an impassable wall between the two of them. Both winged brutes gazed at Hephaestus with challenging eyes, searching him as though searching for some sign of an advantage. The Friesian knew, however, the advantage was theirs.

The bay stallion explained his position and introduced himself with the Lavender following suit. The two prided themselves on their social standing within the kingdom of Ischia. It was almost admirable, the length the two were willing to go to insure the safety of their people.

Hephaestus had never known such protection as theirs and he wondered what it must be like to have such a blanket of security.

Klaudius’ manner never changed, even with the arrival of his companion. He did not approve of the black’s visit among them and, no doubt, would be happy to see him on his way. Hephaestus would have been glad to appease him, though they were making it difficult. Rather than fixate on minute details, they could just have easily let him pass peacefully on.

Hephaestus was preparing to give the two stallions their desire, his mouth parted ever so slightly, when yet another figure joined them.

Her manner was instantly different. Regal. And Hephaestus found his eyes glued to her as she gently chided the two stallions. Her effortlessness in addressing the two made it clear that she ranked above them, though he would never had guessed that such a beautiful creature would be the keeper of such an equally beautiful land.

Her small stature was almost doubled by the addition of her emerald colored plume, adding another set of wings to the wall, officially blocking his pathway. However understanding she sounded, he still ensured that his wavy forelock covered the monstrosity that was his face. Their opinion would no doubt change if they saw beneath the carefully placed black mane.

”My name is Hephaestus,” he finally divulged squaring his gaze slowly upon the one called Krone. ”As I was explaining to Klaudius, I was merely passing through. I’d heard of the beauty of this beach and I simply had to know it for myself. I mean you, nor you people, harm.”

He hoped that the three Ischians would find his answer satisfactory. The novelty had grown dry and he would gladly move on from it – if only he could.
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Klaudius] @[Brennen] @[Krone]

Messages In This Thread
    Music of the Night|| {Anyone} - by Hephaestus - 03-11-2018, 01:15 PM
    RE: Music of the Night|| {Anyone} - by Klaudius - 03-11-2018, 02:32 PM
    RE: Music of the Night|| {Anyone} - by Hephaestus - 03-11-2018, 07:51 PM
    RE: Music of the Night|| {Anyone} - by Klaudius - 03-12-2018, 06:55 AM
    RE: Music of the Night|| {Anyone} - by Hephaestus - 03-12-2018, 08:42 AM
    RE: Music of the Night|| {Anyone} - by Brennen - 03-12-2018, 11:37 AM
    RE: Music of the Night|| {Anyone} - by Klaudius - 03-12-2018, 12:45 PM
    RE: Music of the Night|| {Anyone} - by Krone - 03-12-2018, 01:04 PM
    RE: Music of the Night|| {Anyone} - by Hephaestus - 03-13-2018, 01:21 PM