• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Tried...[Rhonen]
    There is a lot of uncertainty that surrounds her every day as of late, but the chestnut before her name is not.  Her mother had always treasured her gifted child and looked upon her proudly when the poison she held killed everything around her.  It was a trait she said must have came from her father but they had never met.  A fleeting romance and knowing her mother it was a reach for power.  That was until she traveled to the mountains and rid herself of such wickedness...

The exclamation from the stallions mouth snaps her from her thoughts again.  A frown twists on her maw but as she witnesses his tone was more shock than disappointment, it fades.  She watches his expression as he confirms what she had already assumed, her mother had withheld her existence.  She is barely shocked and murmurs, "Typical Karaugh..." Her eyes give a slight roll as a sigh expels from her ebony lips.  

As he motions to come towards her, her head rises slightly.  Expecting maybe an attempted comfort of some sort and she wasn't much of a hugger.  When he stops to settle near but not in her personal space, she relaxes slightly.  Ears perk forward again as he asks of her story.  She nearly chuckles at his attempt to know her but then she thinks to what she has left.  There wasn't much to lose at this point so she smiles slightly before trying to find words, "It's a very VERY long story... But, I helped rebuild these forests." Her eyes drifted to the pine canopy above them.  Unaware of if he knew of Taigas demise but it was unnecessary. "I was born with Blight, you see and I went to the Mountain to see if I could be granted something that gave life, not death.  I was given a task and upon completion I got this instead..." Looking to the forest around her, she spotted a small sapling struggling to reach above the forest brush.  Ivory dipped limbs moved her towards it and in extending her muzzle, she brushed her gift across it.  Slowly it began to reach for the open space above.  She smiled as she turned back to look upon her father's face.  Remembering her mother's disgust, she wondered if he too would believe her to be foolish...

"So you can say I live here... I actually just came back from the Mountain again but the fairies weren't happy with my...request," her eyes shy down as she thinks to the life inside her and the fairies threats. "I wanted to protect Taiga and in turn for it to protect me and...my child.  I'm afraid I upset them and they are punishing me by doing something to my unborn foal," a tear begins to trail down her cheek again at the thought.  Her thoughts begin to form more words she isn't even sure he wants to hear, "I don't know what to do now... I doubt I'll be welcomed back to Tephra after he finds out I'm pregnant.  He wanted freedom and now look... He wouldn't want this...us... I'm better off here.  Hiding.  I ruined everything!" Panicked words flow from her as all her fears are made known.  Tears pool in the corner of her eyes as her head lowers in shame.  She had nothing anymore... 
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

@[Rhonen] sry I tried fitting a lot in here to cover my absence

Messages In This Thread
    I Tried...[Rhonen] - by Kolera - 03-11-2018, 02:58 PM
    RE: I Tried...[Rhonen] - by Rhonen - 03-12-2018, 10:21 PM
    RE: I Tried...[Rhonen] - by Kolera - 03-13-2018, 08:23 PM
    RE: I Tried...[Rhonen] - by Rhonen - 03-17-2018, 07:58 PM
    RE: I Tried...[Rhonen] - by Kolera - 03-20-2018, 11:47 AM