• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if the heavens ever did speak; saedis

I’ll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
    tell you my sins so you can sharpen your knife

There is something both compelling and unnerving about her.
    (Moth to flame, you said – and that’s it, that’s it. He, the moth. Her, the flame. Bright and beautiful.)
    He is uneasy – he is always uneasy – because she seems so comfortable here, like some specter in the starlight. He’s an intruder, bumbling, with too many ill-fated stories on his tongue and a name as wretched as he is.
    (Sleaze, son of Garbage and Cancer. Fitting. Disgustingly fitting. A line of filth and sickness.)
    She laughs. He slips. It’s that simple.

One moment he is watching her, star-struck, and her head tilts back, and his mind jumps. It touches her for just a moment, and then he wrenches himself back out, disgusted. It’s been a long time since he’s done that, he’s learned to control it, to forget it exists, even. But she was so open.
    “I’m sorry,” he stammers, “I’m so sorry, I can’t control it, I was cursed –"
    He’s disgusting, vile. He hadn’t meant it. He learned nothing, it was only a second. But –
    There’d been a name, hadn’t there? A familiar one. Distinct. At the forefront of her mind, well-worn, a familiar thing.
    “You know him,” he says. He swallows. He feels ill, feels fluttery. He does not belong here.
    “Garbage, I mean. You know him?”
    He makes it a question, this time. As if he doesn’t know the answer.

sleaze
     cancer x garbage

@[Sanna] I am SO sorry i went on vacation right when you posted this and then my entire life went to hell. also i figured him possessing her for a second was the quickest way to make a ~reveal~ but i can change it if it's not okay!!

Messages In This Thread
    if the heavens ever did speak; saedis - by sleaze - 03-11-2018, 07:52 PM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; saedis - by sleaze - 04-22-2018, 07:24 PM