• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  runnin' away to the riptide; [Hestia]

It is only the beginning of her time here in Nerine, and her footing is unsure as she moves forward. Even if she doesn’t act or speak of it. She fears the future as anyone her position would. Unless of course they are clairvoyant. Every so often she thinks of her mother, her sister, and father and wonders what they would think of her. If they would be proud or disappointed in the work she accomplishes with Nerine. At least Hestia hopes its an accomplishment? Hestia looks to the others smile. It’s something she doesn’t do, and she can’t stop pondering over it for a moment.

The queen listens not interrupting, giving no sign of approval or disapproval. As rare as it is for her to smile it is still rarer to find sympathy from her. Life is what it is, and it’s the hard times that make the good all that more pleasurable. She likes knowing where people come from or don’t, and she will listen. Never judging, glad to know some of what makes who her people are. She only nods after the female has finished her tale, a twitch of her lip that could be taken as a sign of her gladness that Sloene has found a home here. Another familiar with the times she comes from. Another that anchors her in the chaos of the new world.

They continue with the small talk for only a short time before it is moved on to the more important things. Thank you for confiding in me Sloene, Any orders will come through the spy master as I do not have immunity from magics and do not wish to put any of you at risk. Hestia takes a swift sweep of the surrounding area looking for any that may be listening in. When she is confidant that none are around she quiets her voice stepping closer to Sloene. I do hope that should any… problems arise within the caste I can trust you to keep me informed of them? Hestia has such a hard time trusting, and this branch is the hardest for her to trust. She doesn’t create it blindly. The ebony mare has thought over and over of the implications. Another reason she desires to get to know her people.

She knows that she can trust Djinni as long as Nayl and Walter are happy here, but if one of them becomes ill at ease with her leadership, Hestia wonders what this would do to the shaky relationship they’d formed in the small conversations they’ve had together. The green-eyed queen has a hope that they will be good friends, but nothing is ever set in stone quickly. That sort of thing takes time and effort. Until then Hestia knows the benefits of finding all of their weak spots. Especially with this many powerful people in the kingdom. Just as it is their strength, it could be her weakness, her undoing should she not be just as strong and cunning as they are. Hestia can only hope that she does not fall and that all she does will earn their trust and loyalty just as they must earn hers.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

@[Sloene]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    runnin' away to the riptide; [Hestia] - by Sloene - 03-12-2018, 10:00 PM
    RE: runnin' away to the riptide; [Hestia] - by Hestia - 04-16-2018, 03:42 AM