• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; Scorch

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

It'd been three days since she'd wrapped her eyes in sheets of darkness and laid down in a thicket with ear-plus made of twilight stuffed in her ears. She alternated between blanketing herself in light for warm and scooping snow from the ground to sprinkle across her body with little twilight-shovels, desperately trying to find relief from this damned migraine.

God forbid she not be allowed to shovel the snow with her powers. She dug a little more just out of spite at the thought, accidentally spraying herself in the eyes and nose with beads of snow. Well, it wasn't a migraine, but it was karma. She snorted derisively, shaking the cool wetness from her face. It's not like she hadn't done that before, but eh, the fairies have always been fickle that way. She just hadn't seemed to witness anyone else getting a headache for their misconducts.

But alas, when she did finally unwrap her eyes, she felt less anger at the magical authorities, and more relief at the fact that she no longer felt like hell itself.

Considerably hungry after her three day ground-bound torment, Scorch hustled to a meadow and began scarfing down grass, tugging at the blades aggressively. Snow came with the mouthfuls too, but the mare figured that the frozen water would save her a trip to one of the obscure fresh-water rivers than ran through Nerine.

Her feast was far from finished when a speck in the sky caught her attention. It's wings spanned far longer than any bird she knew of, and as the figure came closer, happy recognition flooded her expression. The hunger she felt diminished in importance as she watched Brennen fly low over the kingdom, and veered right to land where she knew there to be a beach. Without hesitation - and desperately glad that her headache had dissipated just in time - her limbs picked up, and she cantered over to meet him.

"Brennen!" She couldn't help herself then, as grass turned to sand beneath her, and the distance between them closed. So long had passed since she saw anyone who truly came from before the Reckoning that his presence here made her feel like an abrasive, impulsive teenager again. It showed in the way her grin spread across her whole face, and also in how she bumped into him in her attempt to press her nose to his cheek, instead of actually stopping completely first.

Remembering herself (though only slightly - the grin remained stubbornly in place) she stepped back, gazing upon her seemingly life-long friend. (And yes, there had been reasons for their friendship, namely by being trademark names for their respective gender-bound kingdoms, but she had always enjoyed matching wits with the stallion outside of their political ties. Perhaps, in a world without Hestoni -- Hellooooo, Scorch? I can hear your thoughts, babe. Ahem. She was happy to see him, anyway).

"I'm glad you could make it, and not just for old time's sake, but I'll get to that later." Her molten read eyes blinked and scrinched up as she smiled again, weight shifting to sink comfortably into one hip. "How have you been? I know a lot has happened since I died, but something tells me there aren't a lot of good conversationalists like me left around anymore. So spill." It's kind of a joke, but at the same time, it's how she's found the new Beqanna to be. And if she's being honest, she's more excited to talk to Brennen than she has been to talk to probably anyone since her return.

Still here, babe. Still here.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle
    Advisor to Nerine's Hestia

@[Brennen]
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Scorch - by Scorch - 03-13-2018, 11:31 PM