• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; Scorch

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

She listened closely to Brennen's response to her words as well as Hestia's, nodding and grinning at the appropriate times. On the subject of titles, she chuckled a little and offered a thought: "You could be the Gargareans. I'm not sure why you ever weren't in the first place." The mare doesn't go on to explain her reasoning, figuring that the two had heard of the mythology: of the male tribe that existed not in this reality, but in one like it - not Beqanna, but a Nother place, as they might call it. The conversation flowed easily past however, and Scorch dwelt not on the topic; she would be an Amazon until her last breath, and that knowledge was enough for her.

Then, Brennen pushed all his chips into the center of the table. Completely and wholly, whatever it takes. A grin of camaraderie, cunning, and adrenaline cause her skin-and-bone face to wrinkle, and for her eyes to flash a thousand colours at once. "It's finally happening," She muttered happily. "I imagine that the only person who's been dying for this more than me is you, Brennen." She nodded her head to him curtly, her movements sharp with excitement. "It'll be my pleasure to see you to your rightful throne, goddamnit."

But they moved on then to more political, schematic conversations, and Scorch again tamed the fire in her soul to listen more closely to the plans being made. She agreed with his desire for no bloodshed; she could have said the same damn thing, about the backwardness of being a warrior who wanted peace. But he said it for her, and so instead she only reaffirms his desire with another nod. By the sounds of his words, he had enough men already to hopefully uproot Krone's rule; and even if that were to fail, the stallion went on to state that a challenge would ultimately decide the ruler of Ischia.

"It's been too damn long since the last raid," She growled passionately, a chuckle marring her aggressive tone appreciably. "But if you can pull this off quickly and easily, then that's the best option. I'll go to the battle field if I need my fix." She rolled her shoulders, feeling the need to rid herself of this excess energy; but then again, this conversation had reached its fruition, so why not go and do so?

Stepping forward, the mare pressed her nose fondly to Brennen's neck, though a passionate fire blazed in her eyes unlike any since before her rebirth. "It's my pleasure to be raising hell with you again, old friend," Came her rasping voice. "Count me among those who vote yes for King Brennen."

And with a quick nod to Hestia, she turned to go.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle
    Advisor to Nerine's Hestia

@[Brennen] If you want to reply go ahead, but I think this pretty much sums it up <3
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Scorch - by Scorch - 03-29-2018, 06:15 PM