• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lepis;
    The joy in the air is often more than figurative - Lepis tends to exude happiness wherever she goes. She'd inherited it from her mother, this odd gift, and she has been honing it since the moment she mastered walking.

(Which, admittedly, was probably at least a week. She's incredibly lucky that Loess lacks natural predators; the dun filly is a shining example that survival of the fittest is not a definite rule.)

When he asks if Mother had said no, Lepis gasp with mock affront.

"What?! No, of course not. I didn't ask her at all." The admission is heady, but it comes with a thrill of danger as well. She'd last left her mother with an admonition to act a bit more maturely and a reminder that Lepis would not have the excuse of 'childhood' much longer. I'm acting more maturely - she tells herself - I'm acting like a queen.

"I can go wherever I want." Lepis tells her guardian, shaking back the tendrils of ombre mane that fall across her golden face. He asks where their adventure will begin, and Lepis' bright joy turns to anticipation, a thrill of excitement and eagerness pressing invisibly into the air around her.

Messages In This Thread
    lepis; - by Castile - 03-13-2018, 02:48 PM
    RE: lepis; - by Lepis - 03-19-2018, 09:48 AM
    RE: lepis; - by Castile - 03-19-2018, 03:08 PM
    RE: lepis; - by Lepis - 03-28-2018, 08:37 PM