• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show me who I am, who I was meant to be [Solace]
    Phoebus

He had left Tephra looking for himself, looking for his place in the world.

Little did he know would he find his father's past, a burden he had carried in his heart until he had left to find her. Solace welcomed Phoebus to come to Hyaline, so she could show him around. Hesitantly, he had taken heed of the offer and made his way to the land of the wisteria tree. He finds the journey long and exhausting, and he can now understand why his father had been absent so much of his childhood - it took forever to get here by foot. He wondered how much faster the trip might've been if he had been blessed with wings like Solace or his mother. 

Mother. Oh how he missed her. The guilt he felt for leaving her alone while father was away (to where he wasn't sure) sat uneasily in his chest. But he knew he would return to her...someday. 

He finds the winter air unforgiving, too cold for a boy who was raised by the heat of an active volcano. He missed Tephra - its unwavering heat, its ash riddled air, the taste of sulfur that lingered on his tongue. He had decided on his lonely walk that when he returned, he would ask Warrick to be in his army, so he could serve the home he loved so much...just like father. 

It isn't hard to tell when he arrives. Solace was right, it was beautiful. Especially now - snow blanketed the earth around the valley, the lake completely frozen over with glistening ice. Such a stark contrast from where the gold and blue mare had come from, he wonders what changed her mind. 

He lets out a call for Hyaline's caretaker, patient to wait until she arrived to show him around. 
    Boy of Fire

@[Solace] He wanted to come take a look! Smile He doesn't know Rou is dead yet.

Messages In This Thread
    Show me who I am, who I was meant to be [Solace] - by Phoebus - 03-13-2018, 07:42 PM