• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show me who I am, who I was meant to be [Solace]

Solace

'A true man of Tephra,' she laughs to herself as he unexpectedly combusts. Her concern for his warmth had been misplaced, she realizes.  Summer coat or winter coat, she doubted Rou's son would ever catch a chill.

"That's a handy trick in a place like this." She soothes, with a half-suppressed smile. 

Solaces is content to watch as he admires the mountains, the lake, the beauty of the snow-draped landscape. It reminds her of the first time she had made the same journey he has just taken, and how her eyes had been opened to the world beyond her tropical island at a similar age. 

She had never meant to leave Tephra, but in one day Amet had flipped her world upside-down.

They find themselves at the lake shore, and she doesn't think to warn him about the ice before he is already exploring. This time, she lets her smile effect all her features as a quiet laugh harmonizes with his curse. She comes to stand beside him as he stumbles backward, but while he is in the first stages of learning to control of such a dangerous element she makes sure to leave a little space between them. 

"I'm sure you will have your own set of charms," she teases. "I know a few who have gone pretty far without a lick of grace."

Her curious blue eyes search his face - he is a living gauge of exactly how much time has passes since she left Tephra and she can't help but feel a touch of homesickness.

She hopes that Kaiode is watching. 

caretaker of hyaline

@[Phoebus]
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show me who I am, who I was meant to be [Solace] - by Solace - 03-22-2018, 10:01 PM