• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  sabra;
    Admittedly, Castile enjoys the fire in her soul and the daring in her voice. She is not meek; she does not shy from him even as his wings ripple into something entirely different. He duly notes how her chin lifts in defiance and her eyes blaze with an inner strength – or is it foolery? It would be wise to escape her now, to not risk her safety for his own selfish need of companionship and touch. ”I like your stubbornness,” he has to remind himself how new they are to one another, how unfamiliar. This isn’t Solace whom he has known since near childhood. This is a woman he fought and has apologized to, but her allure has him tangled (willfully) in her web. ”But it won’t protect you.”

Despite stepping away from her, Sabra is upon him again and pressing her cheek firmly to his shoulder. A fire blazes from the spot and flares through his body. It melts him and his eyes drift halfway shut again, comforted by the tenderness of the contact.

”And kill?” She admits blame of herself if she were to ever be harmed (an offer that he couldn’t help to scoff). ”What if I accidentally killed you? What then?” There is a firmness in his voice, gravelly with his rising concern, ”I have no control or memory of what happens when it surfaces. It isn’t as though it would be just a scratch or a small bite, Sabra.” He almost pushes with greater dangers, but he shakes his head to dismiss the idea of it, cringing to think himself a murderer, albeit unintentional.

(Anger)
    No, no, no…

Castile’s consciousness desperately pounces on the restless creature lurking beneath his surface, waiting for an opportune moment to arise. It has noted the flustered tone spoken to the little bird, but it still struggles… always struggles…

”I’m just not strong enough yet,” it is still so new to him and fueled by his emotions, ”and I can’t risk it.” Spines inch out from his back, like smooth porcelain, but they recede almost immediately. Its fleeting would almost fool someone to think they hallucinated.

This time, Castile doesn’t break away from Sabra again. Instead, he tries desperately to focus on the soft touch of her lips to ease his frustration. ”… I shouldn’t even be trusted to take care of a herd,” he adds, thinking aloud as Loess crosses his mind and its safety.

Messages In This Thread
    sabra; - by Castile - 03-14-2018, 12:46 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-14-2018, 04:23 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-15-2018, 08:42 AM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-19-2018, 12:43 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-19-2018, 02:08 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-19-2018, 04:06 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-20-2018, 06:31 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-20-2018, 09:37 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-22-2018, 01:41 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-22-2018, 03:13 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-28-2018, 01:53 PM