• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I Woke Up Like This - Krone
    She didn't know why she had invited Krone and her children to meet today. It had just seemed the thing to do. Kwartz was lonely, with no other children his age within the kingdom. Truth be told, she was lonely too. Maybe Krone was feeling the pressures of leadership as well. Gods knew their history was tumultuous, their children living proof of that fact. But there was a kinship as well. Solidarity, perhaps. The pale woman had gotten a bit intense the last time they'd met, so she'd been rather surprised to when Ischia's keeper had accepted her impromptu request for a playdate. It was a good sign for their kingdom's relations.

They left the children to their own devices in the playground, trusting the guardian magic to keep them safe. They were going to find out about each other sooner or later. It may as well be now, where they could maintain a sense of order. But she, for one, did not want to alter how the half-siblings would interact, and so taking care of 'grown up business' seemed to be as good of an excuse to be gone for an hour or two. That had also been her reasoning behind identifying them as cousins instead of siblings. It had seemed the safest route, to protect them from their father's wildness. They could know each other, play together. And it would be fine. It had to be. Shuddering lightly, the opal woman walked alongside her bay companion, much as they had a year ago. Spring was raising her head above the frozen earth, teasing them with apple blossoms and new grass. The air itself seemed to stretch and moan, waking from a deep sleep. It was an undeniably beautiful day.

"Well. I'm glad you took me up on this Krone. I think it's long overdue." She said after a moment, pausing as they came upon a knoll rich with herby groundcover. A weeping poplar trailed long white fingers over them, shiny buds peeking out at them. "How have you been?" She asked, unexpectedly sincere. She stroked her blushed nose against Krone's mahogany shoulder companionably, picking up the scent of salt and hibiscus. It was a strangely attractive aroma.

@[Krone]

Messages In This Thread
    I Woke Up Like This - Krone - by Sabra - 03-16-2018, 01:49 PM
    RE: I Woke Up Like This - Krone - by Krone - 03-19-2018, 07:08 PM
    RE: I Woke Up Like This - Krone - by Sabra - 03-21-2018, 06:36 PM
    RE: I Woke Up Like This - Krone - by Krone - 03-21-2018, 09:03 PM
    RE: I Woke Up Like This - Krone - by Sabra - 03-21-2018, 11:07 PM
    RE: I Woke Up Like This - Krone - by Krone - 03-24-2018, 12:55 PM
    RE: I Woke Up Like This - Krone - by Sabra - 03-24-2018, 01:41 PM
    RE: I Woke Up Like This - Krone - by Krone - 04-05-2018, 06:53 PM
    RE: I Woke Up Like This - Krone - by Sabra - 04-08-2018, 12:18 AM
    RE: I Woke Up Like This - Krone - by Krone - 04-10-2018, 08:28 PM