• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I will find you across every universe - Kavi
    Do you believe you're missin' out?
    That everything good is happening somewhere else?

I am, at best, the a forgotten pair of honeyed lips that crack and bleed for old age. My children are grown now, or at least mostly, and off making brilliant names for themselves in a political landscape that no longer begs of me any attention whatsoever. Kagerus may come and whisper her stories to me, but I don't listen when it's about land or kings or queens - well, except one queen. I do listen, when she speaks of Solace - and when I realize that she is as in love with her golden queen as I am with my tawny one, I urge her to speak to Solace's father, to ask for his blessing - for I gave mine long ago, but his must be given, too.

Khaedrik, however... He has been elusive. He is his mother's child, and what I know of him, I hear through her. Ahh, her... I smile to remember her (though in truth we needn't remember each other save for a glance to our side), wondering where she has gone off to this windy autumn day. The sweet grass of this small forest keeps me busy while I think upon her, and upon our family too - the only important things in my life anymore, the only ones tethering me to existence at all.

When her call comes to me, I forget my meal and am running on old bones born anew to meet her, a light glimmering in my eyes that she had placed there with the simplicity of her presence. As my eyes take her in, I notice the age that has settled on her shoulders, and wonder at how I must look in comparison; but our bodies are nothing more than harbingers for our wandering, aching souls, and in each other's we have found a place to rest and lick our wounds. She is my solace, and in her, I find no fault - not even for the wounds, nor for the way her skin turns grey.

"Darling," I murmur into the warmth of her tangled mane, breathing in her scent as if it alone is what keeps me from falling where I stand. She smells like a life well lived and the serenity of a moonlit garden, plentiful in well tended shadows and pure despite the inky darkness. To pluck her flowers I would never dare, but instead to bring my garden alongside hers so that we may admire that handiness of our work for the rest of eternity, a smiling moon beaming its approval down upon us until the end of time: this is how I would have it. And in truth, this is how it is - how it shall always be.

"I missed you too."

But in the next phrase she pulls away, frowning - but even this show of somberness does not sour my mood, for I know of that which she shall speak. I reach for her, gently kissing her eyes until the crease in her brow lessens, and then disappears altogether. "I know, love, but you needn't worry. Not for that, anyhow."

I do my own kind of pulling away now, with a pensive look, not frowning, but not smiling, either. "Sweetheart, we are grandparents." My words come as if they are a prayer, reverent of them, but also slightly fearful. I watch for her reaction, hoping that it might guide my own. "Kagerus survived childbirth - she had a son, named Abysm... But his coming about was unnatural, and I'm afraid that she has all but abandoned him." I'll go see him every day until he is weaned, father, but I cannot be a mother to something I did not birth, I can't, I'm not strong enough, please daddy don't be angry, and I hadn't been, but now, in the presence of one whose judgement I do not fear, I allow the emotions I suppressed before Kagerus to come through.

"But of Khaedrik, too, I am worried - our children's demons are at each others throats, and I feel utterly helpless..."

KAVI
    Kagerou x Rhaego

@[Insignificance] HI THIS IS THREE MONTHS LATE AND I SCREWED WITH THE CHRONOLOGY BUT I SAW THAT YOU'RE BACK AND GOT SO EXCITED BYE

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will find you across every universe - Kavi - by Kavi - 04-30-2018, 07:16 PM