• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

embrace your darkness [Hephaestus]
    Hephaestus

As suspected his midnight ears caught the sound of the strange black stud’s footsteps as they faltered and doubled back towards Hephaestus. Lifting his head once more he glanced over his shoulder to study the small horse as he neared. There would be no escaping the inevitable this time and he resigned himself to his fate. As he drew closer, Hephaestus squared his shoulders and was careful to shield his left side of his face from view. Breaking through the thick foliage, the horse named himself Jesper.

Though he maintained a cautious distance between them he spoke with an odd familiarity that raked across Hephaestus’ skin hotly. With every rambled word his frown deepened, and his brow creased. Jesper was an admirer of the woods and claimed to have once lived within the fold of trees. It was hard to see past his prejudices and accept the hand extended towards him. He’d never been one for friendship.

”Tis no intrusion, Jesper,” he lied through a forced smile. ”I was merely passing through, but I do enjoy the solitude of this forest.”

The art of conversation had never been one of Hephaestus’ stronger attributes. Silence was stronger – more bonding than formalities and sideways glances. There was beauty in the midst of solitude and he’d found himself in quiet moments of stillness. There was no abundance of companionship that could ever replace the lessons he’d learned relying solely upon himself.

He doubted that there was a single being alive that could convince him otherwise.

Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Jesper]

Messages In This Thread
    embrace your darkness [Hephaestus] - by Jesper - 03-17-2018, 09:33 AM
    RE: embrace your darkness [Hephaestus] - by Hephaestus - 03-22-2018, 10:31 AM