• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

embrace your darkness [Hephaestus]
    Hephaestus
    Hephaestus, as a general rule, tended to be a very unassuming stallion. He kept to himself and rarely resorted to violence as a solution, but there was something about the small black intruder that raked across his body like talons. As he spoke, the big black searched Jesper’s features for any sign or deformity or scar. He appeared whole to the Friesian’s eyes. Yet he claimed to understand – he claimed to sympathize. It was a fair bet that Jesper knew not a day of his life as an outsider. That he’d never experienced the pain of being born with physical deformities. And, although his father was never around, at least the stallion hadn’t sought to murder him as a newborn. Those were all realities that Hephaestus had faced.

He lifted himself higher and squared himself defensively. No one can know the pain I feel unless you’ve lived it first hand. He kept his voice even, although a slight edge had embedded itself there. I don’t need your sympathy, Jesper, he intoned. I’ve never asked your for it and I’ve done just fine without it so far.

Suddenly the sweetness of the forest had run its course for him and even the sweetness of the grass between his teeth had grown stale. Turning abruptly he walked away, leaving the stallion behind him.

Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Jesper] Sorry...he's a bit touchy sometimes.

Messages In This Thread
    embrace your darkness [Hephaestus] - by Jesper - 03-17-2018, 09:33 AM
    RE: embrace your darkness [Hephaestus] - by Hephaestus - 03-26-2018, 10:36 AM