• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

embrace your darkness [Hephaestus]
    Whiskered muzzle lifts from the earth as the other’s voice, laced with a chilly tone, reaches his tufted lobe. Light blue gaze takes in the vision that is now the other stallion. He had grown – in height and, seemingly, in width. Whoa! All right, so maybe I do not know his pain exactly. How can I know if he keeps it all to himself? Poll tosses, as if to shake off the tension, before he, too, squares his limbs underneath torso. Gathering his voice, words travel across the Forest floor and, the larger male’s back to his ears. “Well, come back when you start to drive yourself crazy. Come back just to tell me, ‘you told me so’.” Snort rumbles from nasal passages before glossy orbs briefly observe stallion walk away. That is not the answer, sir. Once several paces exist between them, Jesper steps forward off the path to continue poking through the leaves.

Avoiding your demons does not make them go away; will not defeat them. I would certainly know that. Furthermore, it simply isn’t healthy to keep it all bottled up inside. Rubbery labrums peel back to unveil lightly stained ivory dentition as they commit to a few soft shoots. Tear. He needs to find himself an outlet. Tear. A purpose. Something other than wandering lost. Tear. What sort of quality is that to any life? Tear.

Lost in his own thoughts, the ebony equine could not even hear himself chew. Mandible directs blunt teeth to masticate selected nutrients as cranium lifts out of the brush. Now several paces away from the path, Jesper decides to push on. Muscled haunches engage and propel limbs into a more deliberate pace as he navigates the thick foliage. This path is hardly the known one but, then again, what did he know about what life had in store for him? What did he know about what Beqanna had in store for him? Nothing. He is just along for the ride – and, all of its bumps, detours and, occasionally, smooth new pavement. Maybe not everyone will want our paths to cross. I can handle that. I will embrace the life I am offered. And, right then and there, Jesper learned something about himself. He learned that, despite all of the horrible things it took to get him into this life, he is alive. For that, he could not be more grateful.

@[Hephaestus]

Messages In This Thread
    embrace your darkness [Hephaestus] - by Jesper - 03-17-2018, 09:33 AM
    RE: embrace your darkness [Hephaestus] - by Jesper - 03-27-2018, 05:02 AM