• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Living On the Edge; Breckin
    Breckin waits nearby patiently as Ilma responds to her question.  She’s never really considered the difficulty of getting pregnant before, so when she receives the information that doing the deed is rather easy she snorts with amusement.  Having never been close to that situation before, or even wanting to for that matter, she decides she will just have to trust in Ilma’s words and experiences for now.  Until someday when that fancy strikes her, if ever.  Making a child is one thing—birthing and raising it is another matter entirely.  The spotted mare wasn’t terribly convinced that she would be a good mother herself.

“I know we’ve only just met, but I am sure that you will be an excellent mother.  You seem to be the embodiment of kindness.” Not that Ilma needed Breckin’s words of encouragement of course, but her words were spoken with utmost sincerity.   “Will this be your first?”

The white pegasus begins to lead the way further into Hyaline, and in the direction that Breckin can only assume is the lake that the other woman had spoken so highly of.  Her movements are light with anticipation, eager to see the body of water for herself.  A recent memory finds its way into her nearest thoughts of the lovely waterfall Brennen had shown her in Ishia, and the coast she had explored in Nerine after visiting with Scorch.  A lopsided smile parts her lips as she relishes the memories with her first friends in Beqanna.

Speaking of Nerine, Ilma’s question settles into Breckin’s mind and she gathers what little knowledge she has of the coastal paradise “I’m afraid I do not know terribly much of Nerine at the moment.  I’ve only just come across Beqanna.  Scorch and Brennen found me and offered to show me their homes of Nerine and Ischia respectively.  Actually, aside from you they are the only ones I have interacted with thus far.  The coast is lovely, I can say that for certain.  But as far as the workings of the kingdom are concerned, I cannot offer much knowledge.”  Her thoughts brush against the kingdom meeting she happened to encounter while she was within Nerine. “Though Queen Hestia seems fair and just in her reign from what little I have witnessed, and the comraderie amongst the many people is evident.”

Breckin’s brown eyes find Ilma’s and she smiles softly almost in apology, “I hope that gives you a bit of an idea of Nerine.  Is Hyaline similar?  Is it a kingdom with a ruler as well?”

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-17-2018, 10:00 AM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 03-18-2018, 08:55 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-19-2018, 03:24 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 03-25-2018, 09:14 AM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-25-2018, 11:26 AM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 03-27-2018, 02:58 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-29-2018, 02:46 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 04-05-2018, 02:30 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 04-05-2018, 02:45 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 04-11-2018, 11:15 AM