• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace}

Boldly he’d traveled throughout Beqanna. Finally, he’d found himself almost as far west as he could go. On his way to treat with the bitch queen herself he’d decided to pay his respects to another of the land’s great leaders. Solace. It’d become almost like a game to him to see how many of these self-enthroned rulers he could meet. Getting to know them would be almost of a great benefit to him. Of course, they all held the same anticipation that’d he’d stay to be ruled. He was confident that such a day would not come. He enjoyed his freedom too much.

Turning around a climbing bend he found himself upon a cliff. Above him, he could faintly smell other horses. Residents no doubt. He wasn’t interested in them. His was a diplomatic mission. Finishing his climb, he walked towards the flattened area that loomed high above the rest of the land. The wind had picked up at such a heightened altitude and he felt himself almost teeter against a particularly strong gust.

The spring air felt nice against his scruffy hide, though the scent of new life was enough to make him gag. Spring wasn’t his favorite season, he preferred Autumn. There was something oddly beautiful about the fading of the warm summer into autumn. Things too weak to withstand the sudden drop in temperature faced a natural, if not brutal, end ensuring that only the strong survived. Spring, however, brought nothing but weakness. Budding flowers were easily stomped, baby grass was sweet to taste and was quickly eaten, and squealing foals clung to their mothers. There was no stopping the progression of life and death. It was a lesson he’d learned at a very young age. Abandoned, he’d learned that he either had to learn how to swim or else sink beneath the ever-changing tide of life. Sympathy had not been wasted on him and, therefore, he would not waste his upon others.

Arithmetic
    I Don't Make Love

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 03-20-2018, 07:54 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 03-21-2018, 04:26 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 03-23-2018, 08:00 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 03-29-2018, 10:15 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 04-05-2018, 10:40 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 04-11-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 04-16-2018, 08:07 PM