• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace}

The glowing mare’s smile never faded as she watched him from her place just beyond his reach. He could only imagine the thoughts that tumbled through her mind as she considered the tone of his voice as the manner with which he held himself. Her invisible criticisms was not completely hidden from him as her body effortlessly pivoted away from him as she spoke, offering him a tour. Although not exactly what he’d hoped for, he smiled as though the suggestion delighted him. Almost within the same breath she gave him two choices. Both bodies of water.

It was far to cold to enjoy the beach so he nodded towards the lake, I think the river would be lovely to visit this afternoon.

Solace smiled warmly at him as she led the way down the mountain, her pace assured and confident – though his was not. Admittedly, he was not a huge fan of heights. Steep paths and unsteady terrain made him nervous and he took his time as he followed behind her – his confidence never wavering. As they walked, the regal mare moved aside, clearing a spot beside her. Smiling coyly he quickened his pace just enough to match hers.

…Where was it that you were living…

Her question was one that he’d grown used to being asked. Most kingdom dwellers were concerned with one thing – recruitment. He could imagine that it was hard for them to comprehend that a horse could be content wandering aimlessly throughout a land as vast as Beqanna. It was daunting and most dared not even attempt it. He, on the other hand, treated it like a challenge. There was no circumstance he could imagine in which he would sacrifice the freedom he cherished so immensely.

No where, He answered almost too quickly. I’m a pilgrim and, therefore, could never truly be content in one place for too long.

…Unless, of course, it offered him something utterly irresistible.

Solace confidently continued on, her pace never faltering no matter how treacherous the path before them became. Despite her wings, she was a true mountain dweller and she knew the sky just as well as she knew land. She kept her blue wings tight against her side as her pace suddenly quickened into a trot. The idea seemed ludicrous to him as he peered down the, somehow, steeper cliffside. Hesitantly he moved to match her. It didn’t take long for them to find themselves sandwiched between two mountains, stretched high into the sky. His guide halted and, together, they stared up at the breathtakingly large masses before them. The wind grabbed at them, tossing their manes in the air and twisting it carelessly between them.

It’s beautiful, he said despite himself. Clearing his throat he turned his gaze to her, perhaps seeing her for the first time. She seemed too young and trusting to lead and he couldn’t help but wonder how long it would be before another rose up to challenge her. It happened all the time and she would not be the exception. For a moment, the thought saddened him. Quickly, he reminded himself of who he was.

He didn’t concern himself with the kingdoms and their ever changing politics.

Arithmetic
    I Don't Make Love

Messages In This Thread
    I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 03-20-2018, 07:54 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 03-21-2018, 04:26 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 03-23-2018, 08:00 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 03-29-2018, 10:15 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 04-05-2018, 10:40 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 04-11-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 04-16-2018, 08:07 PM