• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  White Knight || {Ilma}

Arithmetic was not ignorant towards the alabaster mare’s constant glances towards the black lump asleep in the shade below. Her inattention was a common occurrence in new mothers, and though he found the constant flickering of her eyes distracting he kept his mind focused on the conversation at hand. As her eyes openly searched his gray and black frame, he caught sight of their poorly disguised criticism. He smirked slightly and shifted his weight, despite whatever thoughts she held against him he could see the spark of something slowly rising to the surface.

She was interested in what he could offer her come fall. Her thoughts tumbled around just behind her eyes and, though he had no interest in becoming a father, she very clearly would jump at the chance to bring forth another child. His child. It was important, in the world in which they lived, to pass on one’s blood to another. Fathering children ensured a survival that surpassed immortality. Lineage.

You are too kind, Ilma, he smiled. I suppose I have the beautiful mountain ranges to blame for my getting turned ‘round.

Truthfully, he was completely aware of his whereabouts. He’d spent the majority of his time in Hyaline treating with Solace and, though he’d enjoyed her company thoroughly, he’d begun to grow bored. That is, until he’d stumbled upon Ilma. She’d given him reason to linger – if not for a brief moment longer. A wanderer at heart, he’d grown restless. From his earliest memories, he never stayed in one place too long. The stallions he’d often ran with were ever changing and searching for new women to woe. He’d followed them and learned. Traveling was a hard habit to break. A lifetime in Beqanna had given him time to learn the land better than most, which made lying about being lost almost cause him pain. He’d spent time in every kingdom, every outlying territory and could not favor one over the other. So he continued on in his life as a nomad.

There were times that he wondered what life would be like as a contributing member of a kingdom. He could see himself as being an impressive warrior and fitting in quite nicely with the others and as Ilma posed her next question he found himself impressed by her timing.

I was born in Beqanna, he explained to her. I’ve never appointed myself a permanent home. I find more happiness enjoying the whole of the land rather than just one part of it. He smiled at her widely. Though, I’ve never been quite so tempted by a kingdom as Hyaline. His eyes sparkled at her as he took one step toward her.

Arithmetic
    I Don't Make Love

@[Ilma] Sorry this took so long

Messages In This Thread
    White Knight || {Ilma} - by Arithmetic - 03-20-2018, 08:20 PM
    RE: White Knight || {Ilma} - by Ilma - 03-22-2018, 03:54 PM
    RE: White Knight || {Ilma} - by Arithmetic - 03-23-2018, 05:51 PM
    RE: White Knight || {Ilma} - by Ilma - 03-25-2018, 11:23 AM
    RE: White Knight || {Ilma} - by Arithmetic - 03-28-2018, 10:37 AM
    RE: White Knight || {Ilma} - by Ilma - 03-28-2018, 03:06 PM
    RE: White Knight || {Ilma} - by Arithmetic - 04-03-2018, 08:34 AM
    RE: White Knight || {Ilma} - by Ilma - 04-05-2018, 03:04 PM