• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The Wounds of My Past || {Wound}
    Hephaestus

He hadn’t yet left the forest. Even despite the minor disruptions to his solitude, he still couldn’t find the motivation to break free of the thick foliage. He found it peaceful there among the trees and bushes. Oblivious to the rest of the world he suspected that he would be content to remain there longer than he probably should.

There were tales of forest, dark places that, once entered could not be escaped. It wasn’t hard to picture horses losing themselves within the maze of trees, deer paths and brush. Even so, to him being swallowed by the forest seemed like the best way imaginable to fade into oblivion.

Quietly he plodded along, the soft treading of his massive hooves barely disturbing the gentle heartbeat of the forest. He’d lost track of the time he’d spent tucked away amongst the thick trees. It was freeing to be able to forget himself – to not have to hide himself from the prying eyes of others. It was too easy to escape their questions and their curious stares. Although he knew they meant well their stares always jolted him back to the horror of his past.

There were pieces of him that would never be open for discussion, places he never wanted to revisit and memories that were better left buried. Besides, who was he to deserve their pity? He was a mere speck of dirt on the great landscape of life. Unworthy, it was better for him to be alone. It was easier that way. Blowing through his crooked lips, he breathed in the earthy scent that surrounded him. For a moment he imagined that he was apart of the forest itself, ever changing and constant. Hardly soliciting a passing glance from travelers. He imagined the large pines and oaks lived a peaceful, untroubled life. If a branch rotted it fell off. Every leaf, every blossom had it’s place and purpose. It was a beautiful existence and one that he longed for more than anything.

The only comfort this life offered him was that someday his wish would be granted, he would one day melt into earth. He only prayed that he would then return as the trees that he so admired.
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[wound]

Went a little deep for you.

Messages In This Thread
    The Wounds of My Past || {Wound} - by Hephaestus - 03-21-2018, 10:05 AM
    RE: The Wounds of My Past || {Wound} - by wound - 04-02-2018, 08:38 PM
    RE: The Wounds of My Past || {Wound} - by wound - 04-13-2018, 08:46 PM
    RE: The Wounds of My Past || {Wound} - by wound - 04-22-2018, 03:47 PM
    RE: The Wounds of My Past || {Wound} - by wound - 04-25-2018, 06:58 PM
    RE: The Wounds of My Past || {Wound} - by wound - 05-19-2018, 10:34 PM