• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Too Good At Goodbyes || Any
    -putting this in winter just after the BQ games to fit within timelines if you guys don’t mind-

Lingering on the field after the Games, Ilma found she was not the only one who needed some time to process what had happened. Not in the first place the revelation of Kagerus’ pregnancy and her own certaincy, profecu as it were, that she would never see the day after her child was born. It was off-putting, to Ilma, who only suspected her own pregnancy by the time the Games had started, and who was not yet ready to say goodbye to her newfound friend; she was the first horse she had talked to in Beqanna, who had brought her to her home to either just stay a few days or make it her own, whichever Ilma would please.

Mesmerizing didn’t do her much good however, but as she had decided to talk to Kagerus about it later, she just looked up to see the spotted bay talk to two others. One, she recognized from the Games but hadn’t recalled her name honestly; the other was the Sylvan girl, Lamb. Ilma smiled, stepping towards the small gathering . ”Lamb! Kagerus! Good to see you both here.” she greeted then. The white mare then focused on the third, and gave her a warm smile. She seemed in doubt about something, so maybe a distraction would be welcome. ”I’m Ilma. I don’t think I recall your name, but I saw you in the Games. You did well.” she greeted her, too. Happy to dissolve an ill-timed silence.
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Too Good At Goodbyes || Any - by Mosrael - 03-21-2018, 04:14 PM
    RE: Too Good At Goodbyes || Any - by Lavendel - 03-21-2018, 08:00 PM
    RE: Too Good At Goodbyes || Any - by Kagerus - 03-22-2018, 01:04 AM
    RE: Too Good At Goodbyes || Any - by Mosrael - 03-23-2018, 11:39 AM
    RE: Too Good At Goodbyes || Any - by Ilma - 03-23-2018, 04:40 PM