• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Your voice is right enough; Brennen

Leilan makes himself comfortable in the sand; that is, he walks a bit further up the shore seeing as the water is rising again, and slightly impatiently traces first circles, then random lines, then stupid images in the sand. Images he quickly walks over when he hears the kaleidoscope of birds scream and whinny - yes, whinny. It seems they have copied the sound of horses. They're saying there's a stranger here, and he grins at some that are close by, his evil-but-didn't-do-anything-yet smile. They are studying him and he studies them in return.

Since the silver-maned (now added with gold) stallion has called out for Brennen, he assumes that the bay man that comes to visit (finally, he's been waiting for ages around the slightly unnerving birds, how big is this island?) is the same guy. He nods to him in greeting at sight, but waits for further conversation to happen until the winged stallion has caught up with him. He doesn't recall the other man competing in the Games, but perhaps for one of his mother's age it is no longer needed to stand out against a crowd. Truly, all Leilan had really cared about was beating his mother after that first race they did. Perhaps her sleeker build had done it, but then, thanks to Hestoni's Friesian heritage, Leilan had bested his mother in the draft race, so now he had the tri-coloured hairs upon his neck. He sometimes felt a little sad at not being able to see all of it constantly - his forelock was still black as always, so it was mostly for others to admire him than himself. But he figured that such a thing would be great to impress the ladies next fall.

His suspicion was correct, he heard, when Brennen politely greeted him. At your service? Why, wasn't that a formal way of saying hello! The roaning stallion grinned, swishing his now-glittering tail. "Leilan. My mother said to come visit you, so, here I am. Don't think we met before however. I must have missed you on your last visit, but I can't say I'd blame you for leaving Nerine as soon as entering it. No place for a decent guy to stay overly long." He clicked his tongue in mock irritation, then smiled at the other man. "I bet you have it better here."

Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Your voice is right enough; Brennen - by Leilan - 03-25-2018, 11:08 AM
    RE: Your voice is right enough; Brennen - by Leilan - 03-29-2018, 03:19 PM