• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

no one's going to love you more than i do [marble birthing]

Tangerine

In the middle of the night, I go walking in my sleep

Her time will be soon - she can feel it.

Sleepless, Tangerine lays outstretched and uncomfortable. The ground of their grotto is suddenly unbearably uneven and with effort, the heavily pregnant mare finds her feet. As she stands, pain grips her abdomen drawing a surprised cry from her lips. She looks to where her lover had been sleeping, her eyes taking on a wild excitement muddled with pain. "She's coming," 

The contractions grow and the close air inside their cave is too dense, too warm for Tang and she seeks the fresh, ocean breeze to whisk away the perspiration forming under he mane. 

The walking seems to make things better, but only for a moment. By the time she reaches the open air, her insides are churning in a way which drives her to the ground. She sinks to her knees, cushioned by the dense grasses and under a sparkling sky.

After that, her fourth child comes easily. Soon it is done and the pain is forgotten as she adjusts her spent body to clean the foal. She glances to Warrick as a tiny golden face is revealed, her heart if full and her eyes are shining. Four navy blue legs lie tangled below the foal and fledgling's wings are perched over her topline. "She looks so much like you..." Tang breathes, low and eager. 

With tears of relief threatening to spill from her liquid-honey eyes, Tangerine returns her attention to the newborn. "Hello, Marble," she whispers into the fillies downy pelt. Then, with a kiss to the girl's brow, she rises and encourages Marble to do the same.

Its short but I really wanted to get something up for them 
    @[jenger] @[Warrick] :3
    [Image: tzang]

Messages In This Thread
    no one's going to love you more than i do [marble birthing] - by Tangerine - 03-27-2018, 02:31 PM