• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Let's go for a walk in your garden of Eden

Nyxa

For an instant, Nyxa is heartbroken when he steps away.

Just a simple action, really - a toss of his head and the quick, backwards shuffle of his sometimes unsure feet -  but that's all it takes for Hod to instantly worry her. She thinks (for a split second!) that he doesn't want her.

Her eyes flash; in the haze of late twilight they seem both filled with fear and anticipation of the worst. But Hod speaks, thank goodness, and his proclamation sweeps away any manner of doubt Nyxa might have been holding onto before she slunk ashore. "Nyxa, my Nyxa!" He claims her, proudly and with enough gusto to wake the entire backside of the island they're currently standing on. ("Yes," she thinks, "I always have been, haven't I?")

The Nereid wouldn't dream of correcting him. Instead, she listens to each word that falls from his lips, letting every syllable and tone pour into her upturned ears so that it might in turn fill her heart to brimming. Hod is more than willing, and what he says she carves into her mind so that no matter what may come to pass in their uncertain futures, she would always have this memory to return to.

"So," Hod says at last, snapping her from warm reveries with a well-placed tug on her evergreen forelock. Nyxa listens to him halfway but the reply he's wanting is already clawing it's way off her tongue before he can really finish. "Never." She manages to say, before the unexpected warmth of his mouth finds her own.

Having never been kissed before, Nyxa really couldn't consider herself an expert on the matter. She'd imagined that perhaps it was pleasent (or else the others wouldn't do it so much) and maybe there was something mutually beneficial about it for both parties, but what she didn't anticipate was the utter surrealness of the action.

One minute, she'd been rooted to the earth; the stars were as they should be, nothing seemed amiss, and then in the very next instant (like being shot, or suddenly stabbed) the entire globe had been flipped and shook around. She felt herself stop breathing, her legs go numb, and her eyes close against their will. Small sparks danced through her black vision, followed by larger bursts of color and heat when she relaxed and melted into the sensation.

"Hod!" She gasped suddenly, teetering to one side with an almost light-headed giddyness. Nyxa panted, short of breath, and her cheeks felt like white-hot burners. "I had no idea ... you, you surprised me!" The pale mare caught herself laughing, easing forward again to shyly tuck her head into the crook of his waiting neck. "Have you done that before?" She questioned, quietly.

-I'm sailing right behind, like a bridge over troubled water-

@[Hod]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let's go for a walk in your garden of Eden - by Nyxa - 04-19-2018, 12:30 PM