• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

where the stolen roses grow - castile

Solace

. . .

Her words seem to fall on deaf ears as he backs away from her forgiving touch. She forgets that she has had weeks to process what had happened between them, and he is only now getting the full details. She forgets that the sight of her healed scars is an unpleasant one, for she has been living with them for so long now. 

"I’m dangerous," he reminds her. 

But these words she has heard many times before. In her mind, they had echoed and echoed again after their last, confusing, encounter.  She shakes her head, not to contradict him, but in growing frustration. She wants to scream at him; she wants to hold him. She has so many conflicting desires that she denies them all.

"What do you want." Her voice is low, flat in her inability to chose the dominant emotion he is producing in her. The sorrow in his eyes melts any anger she feels, and the truth of his words subdues the passion his touch has always ignited. "Do you want me to leave you alone? Is that what you want? You think I don't know you are dangerous?" With the final question, her voice rises and her blue eyes finally show the hurt she is feeling. She can see that he is trying to push her away.

Along with her shoulders and haunches, the muscles of her legs engage as she begins to move forward, but something stops her. The queen can not bring herself to close the distance for the second time, and she remains rooted.

"I came here to figured out what happened that day. I wanted to know if it was you, or just that thing, that had feelings for me."

Messages In This Thread
    where the stolen roses grow - castile - by Solace - 03-29-2018, 10:21 AM
    RE: where the stolen roses grow - castile - by Solace - 04-28-2018, 08:48 AM