• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Hestoni

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Hey babe, remember when I still had hair?
    Silence. Scorch flicked an ear; he never ignored her. She smirked a little, thinking this a game.
    What, you found someone better looking than me in the afterlife? That hardly seems possible.
    But no quip about her good looks came in response, and suddenly the bleeding cuts on her back were no longer the most painful wounds she wore. Gradually, as she called more and more urgently into the world of the dead, panic set over her; they'd been scheming together for months on getting him back into this world, but for the love of god, they'd never said that today would be the day.

Sometimes, souls simply fell out of the afterlife-beach and into a darkness unreachable.
    Sometimes, as they attempted to rip from death to life, souls became suspended eternally between.

Adrenaline coursed through her, causing her body to tremble with an agitation that had no outlet. She couldn't tell whether to be excited or terrified, angry or elated; but the silence in her head left a chasm in her functionality, and so she simply stood, panicking inside of a body that only shook as a tell tale sign of the hysterical emotions she felt.

As her eyes scoured the horizon, a glimmer of red caught her attention.

Baby..?
    But there was no ghost to whom would answer such a call.
    "Hestoni..?"

Before the realization struck her full force he was there, and instead of hellos, her sobs were the first words between them. She clutched him in her embrace voraciously, with a lover's passion so strong that it's heat would make a fire extinguish itself in shame. Her nostrils flared with the scent of his coat, and her mouth worked to press kisses at every surface - in the light of their reunion, Scorch became every ounce the emotional wreck of a girl that he'd first met all those decades ago in the meadow, just a silly girl with a big heart for her one true love.

"Is it really you?" Came her voice, choked with emotion. She pulled back to look at him properly, her eyes glimmering green as he knew them best. Gods, it's really you, came the rambling thoughts, and she couldn't help but to study his face as if this were their first meeting, smiling through her tears as she was allowed the immeasurable, uncanny blessing of being face to face with her husband once more. Of course, they'd had the night of the Erotes together, but this was different - this was forever - this was...

"I love you, so, much, Hestoni," She said again, huskily, meaning every word so intensely that it came out almost angrily. "There is no one I would rather have by my side than you." Her brow furrowed, and she tried to speak again, but the sobs came on in another wave, and before she could try to straighten her neck as they wracked her powerful body, she felt him stepping in to wrap her in the safety of his embrace.

It only made her cry harder; the grace she felt dripping from her eyes like mana from heaven.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Hestoni] I cried
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Hestoni - by Scorch - 04-12-2018, 04:02 PM