• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / warrick
    H
    er heart seizes, thinking of Wishbone leaving her side. It’s hard for the silver bay to imagine her daughter old enough to leave the secure embrace of Tephra, and yet the possibility seems all-too real. The girl has already been exploring past their home’s shores (she is not ignorant of her daughter’s whereabouts and comings-and-goings) and Wound knows that the sights and sounds of adventure call to her.

A bittersweet sigh leaves the depths of her chest. There’s a smile on the corners of her mouth but, like Warrick, sadness clings to the coffee brown of her gaze. Her eyes find his, seeking his comfort amid her warring emotions. “She would fit well there.” Wishbone has all the gung-ho of a true Nerinian. She’d seen her daughter push through the challenges of the goddess’ ceremony with bravery and endless energy. It’s an attribute that would certainly fit with Nerine’s reputation, if Wound knew anything of it.

“I suppose we wouldn’t be able to stop her,” the diplomat concludes. The release of those words sends a tendril of pride and worry to swirl in her belly. Warrick’s next words draw her away from her thoughts on Wishbone. Her heart swells at his question — at the very honor he gives her, the promotion among their rankings, the ability to stand beside him and help better their home even more so than she’s already doing — and a sunny smile dazzles her face.

“Warrick, it would be my honor.” Her voice wavers with excitement and surprise. On any other occasion she might bow before her Overseer (if she weren’t just snuggling with him moments before) but she nods gently in a hint of the action. “You truly have given me everything I could ever want.” Her voice is peaceful and warm as Wound proceeds to step closer to her Overseer (her close friend, her companion, the father of her child) and nibbles at the slope of his jaw, content to settle beside him now that the words have been said and they can just enjoy the rest of the summer day.
    credit to nat of adoxography.

@[Warrick] Just a quick little finish-up so we can gear up for another thread later <3

Messages In This Thread
    you're the beacon / warrick - by wound - 04-03-2018, 08:24 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / warrick - by Warrick - 04-04-2018, 04:02 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / warrick - by wound - 04-10-2018, 02:00 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / warrick - by Warrick - 04-12-2018, 05:06 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / warrick - by wound - 04-18-2018, 07:22 PM