• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

made and remade continually; anyone
    Truth be told, despite my stoicism as a child, I'd lead a pretty sheltered life until the Reckoning. I don't remember my mother, having been rescued from her dying side the moment Kavi found us. From there he'd brought us to the Chamber, where he held the title of High Priest and head of the peace. By the time I aged a year, he left his post in the evil kingdom to raise me among the vines of his birth-home, where he'd once been a prince: the Jungle. I'd grown up there, learning about my deceased grandmother Kagerou, after whom I am named. Nary a day passed without my father's lips brushing my forelock from my eyes; I never wandered like this girl here. But I admire her for it; admire the way she is fearless in the face of the unknown.

I like your fangs.

"Thank you," I answer, smiling again, more aware of the onyx teeth gracing my mouth for the next couple hours. A little gift of the dreamworld - speaking of which... Glancing at the pygmy hippo, an odd vision of a golden desert and running river comes to me. Tilting my head a little, I linger only a moment on the creature's yellow eyes before quirking up at the filly's introductions.

"Dim, that's clever; shadows, dim." I chuckle easily, looking again between the pair before settling my mirth into an evened voice. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Glim and Dim. Are you from here?" My mind's eye goes to all the places they could be from; the Beyond, the Other Place, somewhere akin to Beqanna, Beqanna from Before, or present Beqanna. So many options, and they'll have only come from one; curious, that. My heart twists at the memory of the Before, but I relinquish the sadness that threatens to overwhelm me. Now is not the place nor the time.

"I have a brother with the same ability as you, Glim. He lives with my in the kingdom I'm from; Hyaline." I leave out the part about me being the Ambassador, as Kavi was before me, and Kagerou before him; I doubt that politics would interest the child before me, though I could be massively mistaken. By all means, if she expresses an interest, I will divulge such information to her in a heartbeat. "You seem to handle it with much more... finesse, to say the least." I grin a little at the thought of him struggling with his demons, but the expression falters when I remember how I used to shield him from nightmares before he... hated me.

I shake out my mane, buying me time to recover my train of thought. "My own experience with the darkness is a little different than yours."

@[glim]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    made and remade continually; anyone - by glim - 04-03-2018, 09:45 PM
    RE: made and remade continually; anyone - by glim - 04-04-2018, 05:08 PM
    RE: made and remade continually; anyone - by Kagerus - 04-05-2018, 10:59 PM
    RE: made and remade continually; anyone - by glim - 04-10-2018, 03:56 PM
    RE: made and remade continually; anyone - by glim - 04-16-2018, 09:34 PM