• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't Light My Fire -[Brennen]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Brennen listens to them try and come up with interesting things they had seen, a hint of a little smile on his face. Dario does have something exciting to report, at least in the eyes of a young man, and eagerly spills his story of a pretty filly even as he presses closer to his sire. Brennen doesn’t have the heart to tell him the girl probably left with Durotan. Ah, well, he’ll be a year old soon enough and there are lots of girls out there to meet still. And if he’s really intrigued by this Maiven, he can go find her when he’s old enough to go places on his own.

He’s not entirely thrilled with Drax’s display, and gives the colt a paternal look that communicates exactly that; but Dario interrupts his train of thought and when they collide, Brennen is reminded that boys will be boys, and these particular boys are only only in the beginning of their third season; nobody expects them to have the poise of an adult, least of all him. So he lets it pss without further comment, expecting them to push back on the other restrictions and they do, and this time he’s more concerned about the attitude because this could mean a matter of life or death for them - they think they are untouchable because they have a special power, but they have no inkling of the types of powers that belong to others who share Beqanna with them.

In an instant, the work of a mere thought, he has them surrounded by a cage of solid ice, more than a foot thick and stretching well above their heads, too narrow for Drax to even spread his wings in an attempt to get airborne and go over. It would melt when met by fire, of course, but someone of Brennen’s age and amount of practice could easily add ice as fast as the boys could melt it, and his stamina would far outlast theirs. He holds it there a long couple of breaths, just long enough to make his point, before dismantling it back into the humid air as quickly as he had summoned it. They will be very powerful men, but right now they are just boys - his sons, and he won’t have them harmed by their own overconfidence.

“You’re not ready to take on the worst the world has to offer - yet.” He keeps his words firm, unyielding; he doesn’t have to be harsh. In a few more months perhaps they will begin to challenge him over such things (or Drax will, anyway, he doesn’t see the same need for rebellion in Dario) but for now he’s confident he can get their compliance, and spend the time honing their skills so that they will be ready for whatever the world throws at them. “The more you practice - carefully! - the sooner you will be ready.” Please, whatever beings watch over them, don’t let them start any major fires on the island.

“In the meantime, if you really want to go someplace, I’m sure someone will take you,” he tries to sound reassuring; it’s not like they don’t have more than a handful of family members bouncing around, not to mention all the new Brothers - and despite their isolationist tendencies, he’s met very few Brothers over the years without a soft spot for children. “You just have to ask.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    Don't Light My Fire -[Brennen] - by Drax - 04-08-2018, 07:49 PM
    RE: Don't Light My Fire -[Brennen] - by Brennen - 04-10-2018, 10:09 PM
    RE: Don't Light My Fire -[Brennen] - by Dario - 04-14-2018, 10:00 PM
    RE: Don't Light My Fire -[Brennen] - by Brennen - 04-15-2018, 08:37 PM
    RE: Don't Light My Fire -[Brennen] - by Drax - 04-15-2018, 08:53 PM
    RE: Don't Light My Fire -[Brennen] - by Brennen - 04-18-2018, 09:46 AM