• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Something had happened, and for a long time, that event had, to me, felt like the end of the world. Up until the Reckoning I'd lived next to my father's side (Kavi, the dear fellow), but I'd lost him in the chaos that accompanied said happening. The shifting of a world that had for centuries been constant, into something completely foreign. Even now a heavy distaste for this New World often hangs where many cluster; but we've been making a name for ourselves. Making a new history where the old one lies stagnant.

An integral part of this recreation lies here, in the field - or rather, in the hearts and minds of those who frequent it. I come often to this place, hoping against hope to find it populated; but unlike the days of old, quiet reigns now in this land, and I am turned away more than I am welcomed in.

Today, I come naturally, with no dreamt-up additions. My mind buzzes too loudly for me to concentrate on my powers as such. So I arrive clad in but my natural bone-and-blood hues, a very simple, thin black horn spiraling from my skull the only attribute worth noting. In comparison to other resident Beqannians, I am rather plain; but when my eyes catch on her, it is not her plainness that I notice.

I watch as the mustang settles beneath a solitary tree, ears perked and nostrils flaring to catch her scent; yes, a mare then, and not from any place I know of. Curiosity spikes within me, questions of every kind tickling my tongue though I have yet to even approach the ebony creature. But, with such energy at hand, I do move towards her; an easy trot working to close the distance between us, a low nicker issued just as I slow to a halt before her.

"Hello there," I say in a friendly way, not allowing my excitement to show excessively in my tone. I flash my nutmeg eyes about and see no other potential recruits - this land truly is a shadow of its former self. But I digress, and my gaze falls back to the woman. "It's good to see a new face these days. I'm Kagerus; might I have the pleasure of knowing your name?" A small smile curls at my lips, and, hopeful, I settle into silence.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Kagerus - 04-10-2018, 03:41 PM