• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone
    Her birthplace is nothing like Beqanna, and the way Kagerus speaks of the kingdoms further cements the idea. Where Briseis was from, there were no kingdoms. There were no borders. The herds had their territories, sure, but nothing truly belonged to anyone. The idea of the pieces of land having names - their own identities, almost - was incredibly strange to her. Her birthplace was wild, in every sense of the word, and her relationship with those in her herd went little beyond protection and necessity. She didn't really love anyone there, or at least, she doesn't think she had. The storm that had swept her away had taken much of her memory with it, and she thinks that maybe this is why it had been so easy for her to adjust to the idea of never going back. She didn't miss her home, or her family. What she missed was not feeling so incredibly alone all the time.

"The outside is all I've ever known. I don't remember how I got here," she says with a wry smile. She offers no further explanation, for there really wasn't much else to say. Briseis was always under the impression that she and her stories would seem so dull in comparison to everything the residents of this place have witnessed. Just by the horn on her head, it's clear that Kagerus herself has led a far more colorful life than the plain black mare.

Her two fairly small ears swivel as she listens to the description of Hyaline, and her head tilts thoughtfully. 'Light-neutral' was a peculiar description for her. She wasn't sure if she classified as such a thing, or what that even entailed. Her eyes wander to survey the somewhat desolate field, and she thinks back on her previous fruitless ventures. The cavern of solitude was threatening to swallow her whole, and Briseis is sure she doesn't want to deal with it anymore. "I would like to see it, if it's not too much trouble." At this point, she has nothing to lose.

briseis.
    you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece

You don't have to reply if you don't want, I'll just post her there whenever I get the chance Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Briseis - 04-21-2018, 04:27 PM