• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone]

The mare does not seem to know how to continue for a moment, only a slightly snarky "is that so?" is released from her lips. Yet with every heartbeat he can hold her there with a fixed gaze, he's happy. So he gives a small nod at that question, which seems to provoke her to ask more - perhaps she just likes to talk more than just a bit, and he's not hesitant to answer the question. He just likes to get on her nerves a bit by stalling.

"A lot of hot air mostly. That was until I came upon a mare who did not want to share the river." he gives her, grinning now until all of a sudden she moves. She's not being very careful, but the splashing does not appear deliberate to him either. Some sizzle on his heated upper body when she passes, and while she climbs upon the shore, suddenly he just drops his self into the water, to make sure he's cooled down properly. When he gets up, she's just about done with shaking her coat, and he shakes his own wet black forelock out of his eyes when she asks more questions.

He moves towards the water's edge, though he does not leave the river. Close below her, hopefully enough of a boundary for her, but if not she's free to move away. Looking up, he searches her eyes. "The tropical islands, miss, where my brothers-to-be have found a home. Before that, the coastline, and before that, a place far away for Beqanna." Little do they know they have perhaps journeyed past eachother many more times, for Nerine and Ischia are the places they both had frequented. He shakes his head, because droplets threaten to enter his eyes, then looks at her again. "And what about you? Where are you from and where do you hail?" He knows then that he hasn't even asked for her name, or given her his own. But for mysteriosity's sake he figures he can ask her later.

@[Breckin]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone] - by Leilan - 04-21-2018, 10:11 AM