• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The time feels right.
    Summer morning has broken over Ischia but a stiff ocean breeze makes it only a balmy heat, not overpowering as it might become later in the afternoon. Brennen knows the only place with enough space to gather everyone will be on the beach; plus, it will make it easier for any later stragglers to arrive from the mainland – so it is to the shore he goes. Late morning light has dried up the last of the glowing phytoplankton that paint the sands at night, but this late in the summer even a night of no sun can’t cool the surface, so the sand is warm where it edges over his hooves and touches his skin.

He finds an open area, a broad expanse, and settles himself before calling out; Ischia is simply not that large, and he knows they will hear it. His brothers will come, because they feel the same strum of excitement under their skin that has been driving him; and the others will come for curiosity, if nothing else. His voice has barely stopped echoing over the water when he begins to see movement, and his heart soars at the arrival of his family and his brothers. He waits, patiently, for the gathering to grow, greeting some individuals as they arrive and simply nodding across the group to others.

When everyone seems to have come and settled, that is when he begins. “Friends,” he greets some, “family, and strangers,” he throws the last bit in just in case, but there are very few in Ischia who are strangers to Brennen. He hasn’t personally introduced himself to Krone’s children, and there is a man and a child who had arrived recently, but other than that they are all known to him. “Time has come for a change. Ischia has fallen too quiet, too insignificant, and it is our duty to her to make her great once again.” Brennen scans the group and  finds Krone, wherever she is, and locks his solemn gaze on her.

“Krone, you once said you believed ‘Ischia’ had chosen you as our leader, even though the Kingdoms have not interfered in the life of their people since the change of the lands. I had my doubts then, but we decided as a group to give you a chance.” He isn’t harsh; he doesn’t even raise his voice, but his words are all the more powerful for it. They are true, even without added anger. The only emotion in Brennen’s rebuke is regret – because he truly doesn’t want to hurt her, but that’s just the way it has to be. “You have failed Ischia. It was basically a dead Kingdom with you, me, Klaudius, Kylin, and some children. Nobody wanted to stay here, even when we enticed them to visit, because there is nothing here to stay for. In the past few months it has grown to life again, and that life is due almost entirely to the arrival of my Brothers.”

Now he looks around the group with great affection, meeting the various gazes of his new recruited Brothers and former Brothers. The men who believe alongside him that Ischia can be great again, molded by their ideas and hard work. “Thus, we are gathered today to invoke our right by Beqanna law to vote for a new leader. After much soul-searching and hard work, I am putting myself forward to lead Ischia, and our new Brotherhood, into a new era. Already we have a promised Alliance with Nerine, and together we will make our Kingdoms great.” He touches the shoulders of whichever of them are closest to him, and his voice rings with promise and loyalty to them. They are his true people, and this will be their home.

Another glance at Krone. “I do not wish to bring violence here. It will be easiest if you step down and allow the new residents of Ischia to choose their new leader in peace and bring this Kingdom into prosperity. But I will not allow it to fall to decay and disuse any longer. If you will not accept this change, I will challenge you for the crown.” He doesn’t look at Klaudius, her champion, but he does allow a creeping bit of ice to form at his hooves, crackling on the hot sand, to remind her that while she may have chosen the purple sire of her children as Champion, Brennen is their General and for good reason.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

OOC Notes
    -Brennen has permission from Cassi for him to mutiny along with those he's recruited
    -They will be voting, as per the mutiny rules. Brennen has nominated himself. Each character gets a vote.
    -If vote ends in a tie/no clear winner Brennen will be challenging Krone for the throne
    -I know not everyone has gotten up on the board yet but it's pretty clear from their IC posts here and around BQ who all of Brennen's recruits/new faces are for purposes of legitimate voting

Messages In This Thread
    hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Brennen - 04-13-2018, 10:36 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 02:28 PM