• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL

Cagney

who can say when the day sleeps, if the night keeps all your heart?

only time

He trails back to Ischia from Nerine, somewhere behind Scorch because while she is fresh to travel, Cagney is making he journey for the second time in less than a day, and it’s not the shortest journey on foot. Tide is high when he arrives, forcing him to stop and find the right threads to tweak here - and here - and then the best he can manage is a labored trot across the pass, and then he simply doesn’t have the energy on top of his travels to adjust his arrival, so he slides in amongst the others a little late, though he is sure his father sees him arrive, and spotting Scorch across the group, Cagney is satisfied with his success.

(Every success he can offer his sire and his Kingdom is a block in the wall between what he was and what he might be in the future. His wall of redemption.)

Brennen makes his stolid, solemn speech but his son can hear the passion thrumming beneath the surface, waiting to be engaged. Cagney is quiet while Klaudius speaks, and Krone, trying to keep his labored breathing quiet while he listens.he considers rebuking Durotan for his accusation, but can’t be bothered to force words past his weariness and trusts one of his siblings or new brothers will take care of it. But he must vote - so he summons the will to take a half-step forward and speak clearly into the group: “It is time for a change, and I vote for Brennen to lead it.”

The roan bay makes to step back but stiffens when Krone steps forward towards his sire; he does not believe Krone poses a threat to the famed warrior but it is instinct to want to protect his father and new king from any obstacle. But their former Queen only speaks to give in quite easily, other than her harsh words, and Cagney watches her go with a mixture of contempt for her easy overthrow and admiration for someone who can clearly see they are beaten. The brothers number many, while those who do not wish to change number few.

(Can he really offer any contempt? He has fought for little in his life. Only Her, really, and that panned our poorly.)

He looks up at Galilee beside Brennen and there is a heaviness in his heart - he would have stood beside Elite like that, if she allowed him. But now he has nothing like that. No lovers, no full siblings, no children here. His only redeeming hope is his half-siblings and the friends he will make amongst the new Kingdom. It is to them, and to his father, that he offers a weary half-smile. “So, Brothers, we can move on to the organizing and the planning and the building.”

Who can say where the road goes? Where the day flows? Only time.

devin's∇designs

Another phone post and I apologize with all my heart for errors in it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 02:28 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Cagney - 04-13-2018, 03:17 PM