• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL
    Belgaer watches from the outskirts as his father steps forward to name himself king. One thousand emotion roll through him as Krone answers the call followed by a handful of others. Words are exchanged and votes are cast and, in the blinking of an eye Ischia's fate is sealed. Throughout his life, he'd been taught the honor of loyalty and the importance of family. Never could he have imagined that, one day, those two values would oppose each other. A stallion grown, though he was, he felt like a knobby kneed colt once more. 

From his place just beyond the throng, he watches his mother as she beams with pride - love evident on her face as she considers the newly crowned king. Her vote had been among the first cast and, yet, he'd remained silent. His love and support for his father was not in question, only the brash way in which Krone was discarded. Her young were not taken into consideration and Belgaer sympathized with the dethroned queen. 

A part of him wanted to slip into the shadows unnoticed, to conjure up some excuse as to why his voice hadn't been among the first. His other siblings had rose to the occasion. 

Clearing his head, he stepped away from his place beside the dunes and approached his father. There was work to be done.

"I volunteer to travel to Nerine." he spoke abruptly, his head held high. "I am a son of Brennen and I am honored to do my duty."

Duty. The world felt cold upon his tongue.

OOC: I wrote this on my phone. I wanted to get something up to represent more of Brennen's kids.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 02:28 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Belgaer - 04-16-2018, 11:17 PM