• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He likes the idea of sending Ischians and Nerinians to diplomatic events together, gives the boy a nod and tucks the idea away for later. But the pervasively uncomfortable atmosphere is beginning to affect even the ice-King, and he shifts uneasily - it’s minute, nearly invisible, but for the statuesque Brennen, it’s nearly screaming his worries. But age has given him some perspective, and so he knows that it’s not necessarily him creating this stress. His amber eyes flick briefly to settle on the strange creature, and he as a feeling that eventually, he’ll lose the ability to decide what worries and fears are and are not rational.

They drift along to the topic of foal exchanges and other diplomatic events, and Brennen listens to all of them. Hestia makes some interesting contributions, and he likes them quite a lot - the idea of cross-training together is not a new idea, but one he has always enjoyed. They can become stagnant training only amongst their own, and collaboration between minds and bodies makes everyone stronger. He nods to this, and considers the foal situation for a moment. He absolutely does not miss the way his son had stiffened at the idea of his little sister Khaeli being traded in any way, and his own fear for the protection of his children has major chinks in it, aggravated by Oblivion. So, he does not commit to that. “Let us shelve the idea of a foal swap for now. I think our bond is strong, with or without it, and we have plenty of other balls in the air that will cement that bond.” Ideas like the social gatherings, and he follows that idea to another. “Stronger bonds between our youth would be the ones they forge themselves. Perhaps we organize events that socialize our youth, in particular, with one another. It wouldn’t hurt if some of our best and brightest young minds might discover they had a fondness for one another.” Neither Brennen nor Hestia has chosen an heir. The right political arrangement, backed with true affection children had established for themselves, might yield an arranged marriage of sorts that would benefit all.

The details are not a matter for now. In fact, he finds himself worrying right now about the safety of his queen and his four youngest children, far in excess of the actual danger they probably are in, and he decides it’s about time to wrap it up entirely. Maybe their next meeting won’t include the black child. “We’ll look forward to hearing from you,” he says about the other Kingdoms. He is not a light either, but nor is he a dark. Brennen would have been most at home in a neutral Kingdom. He tends to protect his own with every fiber of his being, and the Brotherhood has a code they live by, but anything outside of that purview is fair game. They will make decisions with all of the facts - the ones his own diplomats bring back for him, and the decisions Hestia and the sisterhood make. The last subject - a name. He would shrug, if he could, but instead he pushes away the anxiety he is sure is not his own and flicks an apologetic smile. “So far we’ve been simply going with ‘The Brotherhood’, and it wasn’t the foremost thing on any of our minds at our first big gathering. We may end up sticking with it, for simplicity, but we’ll give it some more thought. Krakens and Tritons have been mentioned, I think, and I’m quite taken with both.”

Another tendril of thought - what if Krone has come back while he is here in Nerine? - convinces Brennen it’s quite past time to go. There’s a beat where he allows for anything else Hestia has to say, and then he gives her a nod. “Forgive me, but I think we’ve been away from Ischia for far too long this early in the way of things. We’ll wait for your messenger before decided on our own relationships to Kingdoms that aren’t Nerine, and when things are perhaps a bit more settled, our diplomats can arrange the first social type gathering.” He begins to unfold his wings, though he won’t be able to do so completely with Belgaer and Trekori on either side of him, “If something changes, I or someone else will come right away.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

feel free to respond but I figured it was time for the boys to wrap it up for now and we can work on actually doing some of these things < 3 <3 <3

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-13-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-19-2018, 01:23 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-22-2018, 12:01 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Brennen - 04-26-2018, 11:44 PM