• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to these linens / hestia, scorch, & any
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    It doesn’t take her long to reach Nerine. Despite the fact that her home is on the complete other end of Beqanna, Wishbone reaches the borders just into her second day of traveling. Ever since her parents had told her of this grand new adventure (moving away somewhere for a year, learning how to become an Amazonian warrior, training under the most impressive of soldiers) the girl had practically been itching to race off of Tephra’s ash shores.

Wishbone merely walks along the shoreline of Beqanna. At some points it becomes more of a cliff than a shore and she is forced to walk a dangerous amount of feet above the swirl of the ocean. She runs during these stretches, long dark legs veering so close she might race right off the side if she misplaces a step. She’s always been unpredictable, twining arms and legs with the greasy body of death itself.

When she arrives to Nerine’s border she is well-put together… At least more so than usual. Her dark, auburn-dipped locks are windswept and tangled, smelling of sun and salt and breeze. Her knees have healed since her last adventure, but puckered pink scars drip across the gradient of mahogany-brown to sable. Her body is shiny in the late-morning sunlight, clean despite her frequent running. Since childhood Wishbone has spent her days running one way and then another, building up quite the endurance.

She finds herself standing at the edge of a cliff just outside of Nerine’s borders, looking over the wide expanse of ocean that lies beneath her feet. A twinge of homesickness hits her belly, the sound of the waves hitting the rock sounding akin to the tide pushing against the rocky face of the volcano. But it also reminds Wishbone that she’s brought a little bit of home to Nerine. With that thought, the girl turns toward the interior of the kingdom and lets a peaceful call leave her throat.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Hestia] @[Scorch] @[Warrick] + anyone else is welcome to join and greet her!

Messages In This Thread
    lost to these linens / hestia, scorch, & any - by Wishbone - 04-13-2018, 07:54 PM