• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder {KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT}
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    With the recent influx of residents - strangers looking for refuge - Warrick’s large shadow sweeps across Tephra incessantly. Something has happened, something has upheaved and turned, and it is only his duty to keep to the skies, watching and waiting for whatever may come across the inland border.

A pegasus soars through the thickness of the summer’s humid air in the distance, catching Warrick’s eye immediately. He turns his wings and pivots, quickly setting out to follow the pale lavender of the other winged-stallion. There is a glittering of some kind of armor wrapped around his legs and bodice, shining radiantly in the Tephran sun. Warrick’s large navy wings pump faster, his cobalt legs tucking closer to his chest so that he may propel himself faster through the air, in hopes of reaching the stranger.

Warrick is only able to join them once the conversation has already started. He brings himself to the rich earth of Tephra with a solid thud, cantering towards them before slowing down completely and halting before the winged stallion he had been following. The children are here, as well as Krone and Durotan (who Warrick wished to learn more about and get to know better), but it seems that there is some familiarity between the trio of adults, which Warrick could feel as tense. His wings flutter and then rustle into his sides, the smell of salt and sun and smoke coming forth with the movement.

The Overseer only catches the last part of the conversation, where Durotan has given his name to Klaudius. With his blue-tipped ears slightly flicked back (set there by the overwhelming feeling of dread that there is another refugee), he offers Krone a small nod before turning his bright blue gaze to the armored stallion, Klaudius.

“Welcome to Tephra,” he begins, raising his head slightly. “I am Warrick, the Overseer.” He pauses, a slight hesitancy, then continues: “I am afraid to ask the reason for your being here, Klaudius. My heart and mind can sense a shift throughout all of Beqanna.” Tangerine, too, had dreamed of it. The bay-king chomps his teeth together listlessly, the concern of his people and their protection at the forefront of his mind.
    Warrick

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning Before the Thunder[Purple Family, Tephrans] - by Warrick - 04-15-2018, 08:38 AM