• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm a One Night Too Long {Jason}

{you remind me of the babe}
    So.  Here she was.  Pregnant, and enlisting the help of a tree to help support her extra weight.  Yes the bark was scratching her pelt, but Voudou felt like she needed to be leaning on something or her legs might just collapse underneath her.  It was just beginning to get dark, and she took in a deep breath.  Oh she loved the dark; it swam through her veins and gave her new life with every night.  Every shadow was her friend, every dark corner in the world was a place she longed to be.  And why shouldn't she love the night?  It was just like her, quiet and lurking, entirely misunderstood by most and feared by many.  The darkness was strong, forever lasting and forever powerful.

Yes, she was the darkness.  Why didn't she feel powerful and strong then?  Voudou blamed it on the baby.  The pest was sucking the life right out of her, stealing every spare ounce of energy the charcoal mare possessed.  It was nothing more than an annoyance that she would unload on someone else the instant it was old enough to be weaned.  Or, even better, she would find a nursing mother and give her the extra kid before it even had a chance to get attached to her.  How perfect; dispose of the critter and go on as a flirtatious bitch.  

Finally, after what seemed like ages (though the sky still held grey-blue hues indicating it had really only been a few minutes), Voudou lurched herself off of the helpful tree and began walking.  She wasn't headed anywhere in particular, perhaps she would go for a swim before the waters froze over with the coming of winter.  The mare pondered the idea for a moment before deciding against it; the lake was too far from here and she didn't really feel like waddling over to it.  Instead Voudou found herself a small clearing and started to snack, pulling the drying yellow grasses out of the ground and crunching them between her powerful jaws.  It was only now, in the slits of moonlight, that her newly formed scars were even visible.  A large, jagged line was drawn across her side, from her shoulder clear down to her hip bone.  Another, similar line was etched onto her cheek, and a final one across her neck.  All of them were maybe an inch wide and completely bald, the skin appearing slightly pinkish gray, covered in strange wrinkles and creases.  Voudou hated the new scars that she felt killed the beauty she had once held, they weren't the type of scars that were only noticeable upon close inspection.  No, of course not, they were the scars that were visible from miles away, interrupting her previously gorgeous black coat with bands of ugly baldness.  
    tags Jason, 465 words.
    notes, _______.

Messages In This Thread
    I'm a One Night Too Long {Jason} - by Voudou - 06-20-2015, 12:07 PM
    RE: I'm a One Night Too Long {Jason} - by Jason - 06-27-2015, 07:45 AM
    RE: I'm a One Night Too Long {Jason} - by Voudou - 06-29-2015, 04:16 PM
    RE: I'm a One Night Too Long {Jason} - by Jason - 07-05-2015, 05:42 PM
    RE: I'm a One Night Too Long {Jason} - by Voudou - 07-06-2015, 12:52 PM
    RE: I'm a One Night Too Long {Jason} - by Jason - 07-15-2015, 10:41 AM