• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Out with the golden we sew // Solace/Ilma/Svedka

kagerus
    as dreams are to the sleeper, so am I to you
    Solace comes first, and I can see in her eyes the shame she feels for what happened between us. She stands too far from me, and my brow furrows to see it. "Solace..." It's a whisper, knowing that the others are close. I step closer to her, no, I close the distance between us completely, hurrying to press my nose to her her cheek and to breathe in her scent. "I'm still yours," I breathe, desperately trying to angle my head so as to catch her beautiful blue gaze. "We'll talk after, okay?"

I jump at the sound of the next to come, and hastily remove myself from Solace's personal space. It's Ilma, in all her angellic whites, nearly glowing in the moonlight. Despite the awkwardness of how she'd come upon Solace and I, I reach to press my muzzle to her shoulder. "I'm sorry for interrupting you and your daughter today," I murmur. "Please forgive me."

Last to come is Svedka, he who'd sent me away with words to think on. Although his cerulean eyes fall heavily upon me, I do not miss the bright, exuberant smile he exchanges with Ilma. Well, good; he is not mine, and a man as handsome and easy going as him is certainly not one for monogamy. If he and Ilma are looking to create something happy and meaningful together, then it will have been more than I have managed to do in my many years; I wish them the luck of it.

Inhaling, I deliver my spiel.

--

I do not miss the way Solace's eyes flash with that same hungry need I'd memorized as she writhed beneath me that night not so long ago; and upon seeing it, my gut clenches in the same way, and my lips tug into an expression that only she would be able to read. An expression of confused wanting, of uncertainty except when it comes to her. But she moves on seamlessly, and I am forced to do the same, barely registering that I'm asking to be General before it's too late.

I'll die for you, my Queen. I will defend you until my last breath.

But as the other two remain silent at the end of my speech, Solace raises her voice - though not in the throes of passion as I would have it. Still, I quirk my ears to what she has to say. King of Loess! A snort trumpets from my nostrils at the announcement, and similar reactions of distaste come from my companions. Below us, my right forehoof scrapes the ground repeatedly, frustration clear in my body language; men! Thinking they can do as they please, that they can eat where they piss.

My ear flicks to Ilma's concern, and I frown again more deeply. "She's right." Slowly, an epiphany comes to me, and I can't help but to speak it aloud. "Solace, the dark is returning to Beqanna, but it is yet young." I glance to the others gathered to my side tonight, and plunge ahead into the root of my idea. "We may be small, but that's not necessarily a disadvantage... Solace, if we are the Lights, then we ought to make that clear. Publicly, yes; but we could take things into our own hands, too. The darkness must not be left unopposed."

Funny, that the darkest among us gathered here would be the one to say so.

But the conversation flows past to the subject of Sylva and Loess to our rankings, and Solace approves of Ilma's promotion. I smile towards the white mare, genuinely believing that she deserves the title; she is a priceless asset to Hyaline. The recognition is well earned.

I look to Solace as she addresses me concerning my position as Protector. My expression becomes grim as she speaks, the breeze blowing my dark forelock to cover the light of my golden eyes; an omen. We need to be able to act if action is required. How right she is. "Yes, my Queen," I murmur, my dark expression never wavering from her flawless face. "I will ready an army as best I can; and we will be ready."

"As for the demon. It seems to be it's own entity, but tied to Hestia; I don't think it can leave her side. Or, it didn't; they're... Connected, somehow." My expression sours, and I look away. "It's beyond my understanding."

Ilma goes on to discuss our alliances with the neighboring kingdoms, and I nod at what she has to say. Yes; we must be careful with who we align ourselves with in these trying times. I look again to Solace. "The question is whether we are lights or neutrals, I suppose. But either way, we must tread carefully in our political ties. If it were up to me, I would take Tephra as our foremost ally." Here I look to Svedka, who has reaffirmed this opinion; his only statement in this whole affair, though I wouldn't ask him to be elsewhere if my life depended on it.

"Sylva and Loess I would put at a distance, perhaps even an enemy stance, for we oppose the darkness, or at least we do not tolerate. Ischia and Nerine are close now, with the formation of the brotherhood to accompany Nerine's sisterhood; if they would take us under their wing it would offer us protection from the darks. But if we do not trust them... I still have Hestia's favour. But that will only do us well for one encounter; where an alliance may do us well for many."

I fall silent, but my gaze goes heatedly to Solace. I want to speak to her; I wonder if she will stay behind once the others depart.

@[Solace] -- so like, idk if you guys WANT to reply again????????????????????? dfghghfjahq I wrote another novel rip. Let me know in the cbox haha
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Solace/Ilma/Svedka - by Kagerus - 04-17-2018, 11:59 PM