• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

// grey skies will chase the light away // any
    (Time is expandable, right? Even though she's in the Quest, I really wanted to post Sad )

Engelsfors

on tarnished golden wings

I was slowly acquainting myself with The Chamber. The nooks and the crannies, the dark little hovels nestled within the pines, they all were being stored in my memory bank. The pine, menthol like, strong and pleasant, was already ingrained in my mind, and upon my skin. The dying spindles crunching beneath my feet as I walked, an easy, almost sluggish pace winding around the trunks. I stopped every now and again, rubbed the course bark with my velvet muzzle, feeling the memories of this place, the ash still hanging in the air, the scars on the ground. I was attempting in all vain purposes of trying to understand this place, why it pulsed beneath my hooves in strange little rivulets. Beqanna was entirely different, a whole other tale in an old tome. This place, it had magic woven in it's tapestry. The horses here, they were gifted (or cursed if you like) with strange what I would have called oddities. Wings adorned from their backs. Multi-changing eyes. strange powers pulsing in their veins. It all seemed so unnatural, yet mightily curious. I was always the curious one, but then again, you never did learn if questions were not asked, right?

The moon was up, suspended in the sky, dark clouds shifted, silver and a deep, dark grey. It covered the crescent shape and all of it's light. As it did, I found my golden frame glowed against the bark, what eerie slithers of light slipped through the canopies of the trees, made me stand out like a golden pound coin dropped into a well of bronze pennies. I aimlessly wandered the shadows, my azure gaze holding the clearing in my sights. My nostrils breathing in all the rich, earthy scents of autumn. The oranges and browns beneath my feet flurried a little as my willowy limbs swept them in their wake. I trotted, lofty frame swinging with each steady stride, I bounced between the trunks, swerving in and out, keeping my eyes attuned onto the clearing, around the borders. Night time crept with unwanted visitors; well that was the normal thing that occurred. Night walkers and stalkers, they came alive at night.

One could say the same for I. My gilded form went up a gear and I felt the cool night air hit me. Bittersweet kisses upon my hide as I followed the clean cut path around the clearing, my gossamer threads lying flat, rippling like liquid gold. I came alive at night; the cooler air was nice against my skin, the calmness, the tranquility, it allowed me to remove my masks for a moment or two, completely lose myself in the stillness, the serenity. It is often in the dead of midnight I came upon epiphanies. My mind unlocking for the few hours of peaceful silence, when I was allowing myself to sift through the black and white memories of old. They flicker, and at times had made a slight ache effect my heart. It dulls now, and every memory that flashes before me, like visions of the past, they do nothing but push me forward. Forward into my new life, into this life. Engelsfors, of The Chamber. For now, for now I am what has been shoved down my throat with silver spoons and golden forks. I am aristocratic, I am debonair. But sometimes, sometimes I just wish I could be Engelsfors.

The young, carefree, Engelsfors. Who was lost the day she left the womb. My young face, bright eyed and smooth, stares out into the moonlit dell. Just as the clouds shift once more and the silver glow meets the Chamber with an eerie, yet comforting feeling, I step out and my body is illuminated. Gold and cream, an ethereal ghost, some sort of golden ghoul that haunts the lands. A small smile, if only a gentle tug at my lips, crosses my face. For once, in a very, very long time, I feel serenity's warm fingers message my body, unknot tensed muscles and cold, aching bones. There is a feeling of... home, here. and I don't want that to leave, not yet anyway.

even the angels start to fall

Messages In This Thread
    // grey skies will chase the light away // any - by Engelsfors - 06-20-2015, 12:13 PM