• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

// grey skies will chase the light away // any
    'It's a heartbeat. I'm sure.' I don't let on much else, the heartbeat is strong, a rigid pulse of a life long gone, but still existing. I don't give too much how you could know of pulses and heartbeats, I've taken a few hearts to know the sound of their frail beating until the time came and they just... stopped.

I remember then, flashes of conversation with the ebony Prince. the chamber took a heart, what was the name, Atrox? the name tastes like ink upon my tongue, spoilt and dark, cold and flowing. I say nothing then, my long limbs marching on, slipping behind the bay soldier. the ash on this terrain thickens the air, clotting the atmosphere with secrets and lucid memories. I have a stark feeling then, rigid, unmoving in my chest. A desire, a want to have been part of whatever it was that happened here. The scarred earth told many a tale, the ashen air hushed lips of secrets never told. I turn back, my azure gaze falling upon Killdare. Mind ticks, turns like the workings of a clock, always shifting, always turning. My heartbeat matches the faint pulse which grows deeper, resounds more prominent the closer we get.

'I seem to recall Sir Erebor mentioning something about hearts.' I taste the air, acrid, bitter, yet somehow blissful sweet in the back of my throat. This is home, without a doubt, this chamber, it has marked me somehow, with a sinfully delicious touch. I feel it embedding, bone deep into me. The Chamber, she is everything I work for, everything I need and it fills my mind with nothing but want to please, meaning to exist. I stomp a hoof then, hypnotising winds of smoke and decay mar my vision, my nostrils as I breath one long, exaggerated inhale. 'I know one thing, The Chamber has stolen mine.' the locked away burden in my chest, somehow this kingdom has found a key, or a very well placed lock pick, and has dove into the depths of my chest and stolen from me the precious organ that remained bleak and dead inside. it had given me a new purpose, and with it comes a sly little grin, as I turn back to Killdare. 'She worms her way inside. I feel it, I feel the secrets wanting to be known, the tales needing to be told. But we, mere servants of a supreme far greater than life, are guardians, protectors of that very essence.' I pause, a bewildered look in my sapphire gems, a bleary eyedness that casts a glass like appearance, as though my mind, my tongue is not my own. I stomp a hoof briefly. 'Ah..'

OOC: forgive the pile of ew. I'm exhausted, stealing wi fi but really wanted to get some posts up as i'm having withdrawal symptoms lol. Plus I really love Killdare <3 so forgive me if it doesn't make a great deal of sense o_o my brain is mush, my body is one large sore. Haha.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: // grey skies will chase the light away // any - by Engelsfors - 06-28-2015, 12:19 PM